No announcement yet.

Suicides acts of war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheren't most of them picked up while simply resisting the US's recent invasions?
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
      Wheren't most of them picked up while simply resisting the US's recent invasions?
      Most of them were picked up in Afghanistan.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
        If I was being held without trial in a torture camp, probably for the rest of my life, I'd probably 'declare war' as well.
        Yup, same here.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Most of them were picked up in Afghanistan.
          ...in exchange for sizeable bounties...

Comment

Mostly Yemenese and Saudis picked up in Afghanistan. Yeh, really misunderstood group of folks...
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

All saudis should be locked in a cage.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Mostly Yemenese and Saudis picked up in Afghanistan. Yeh, really misunderstood group of folks...
                I am sooo misunderstood. I didn't even know I was in Afghanistan until you told me. I was just going down to the corner store and get me some smokes. I don't even know how I got here. So, I'll just be going now. Good luck with your war.

Comment

Is being in afghanistan an act of terrorism now?

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                    Act of asymmetrical warfare?!?
                    That's retarded even for the US military.

Reminds me of "We had to destroy the village in order to save it".

Right wing *********.

This whole thing has long since descended into farce.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
                      Is being in afghanistan an act of terrorism now?
                      Only if you are a foreign Muslim.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

One of the prisoners was due to be released but he wasn't told yet.

Utaybi had been declared a "safe person, free to be released" but the US needed a country to send him to, Professor Denbeaux said.
                        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Only if you are a foreign Muslim.
                          Or if you're a native Muslim in Xinjiang.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Suicides acts of war Lose 30 kilos (of popups)

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Gosh that's a new one. I already had heard of suicide being immoral, selfish, stupid, against God's will and all that jazz, but until now it hadn't occured to me they're a means of warfare.

==================================

Well when your duty of care is not to allow your prisoner to harm himself, and they do you have to change the logic of the argument by changing the langauge of the argument, its not the guards who failled in their duty of care, its those cunning pows killing themselves who are the bad guys. You know like smooking second hand smoke is murder by cunning smoking ninja.....

Its not unusual in this PR world the mil finds itself in, Strategic bombing is now a self inflicted wound, a siege does not cause starvation meerly a re alocation of food assets the defenders chose not to avail themselves of, so suicide of pows is of course a cunning move to put the US in a bad light....like it needs any help.....
                            To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield.

Comment

I could see some Jihadis who are unhappy with their situation thinking that not only could they escape their imprisonment but also help the cause by killing themselves. After all doing so would question the treatment at the camps so it would help the terrorist cause.

I doubt that was the primary motivation but I could see that being a secondary motive.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Brilliant. This was an act of war. Why? Because they're terrorists and anything they do, be it committing suicide, complaining about mistreatment, or pooping in their pants, are aimed at destroying the West. Why are they terrorists? They just are. No, really, why? Because they were foreigners picked up in Afghanistan. This argument I can't win.

By the way, do you have any idea how many "illegal combatants" there were during the Spanish Civil War?
                                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                                X