Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Age of Imperialism' has a ring to it. What age are we in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
    The Islamic Age for sure. In the same way the Christian Age began with the end for the Roman Age.
    Originally posted by Lancer
    'The Islamic Age' hasn't been established yet however. How about...'The Age of the Orient'

The Oil Age
    The Islamic Age has allready been. It was followed by the Renaissance and/or industrial Age.
    The Christian Age has also been, arguably being the late Roman Age.

The heyday of the Oil Age is past us as well. It's evident that the days of cheap oil are over, not to mention the ill effects of fossil fuel are starting to show.

In the sequence of Bronze Age, Iron Age etc. the Plastic Age makes a good contender.
    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

The Nuclear Winter Age
      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Interesting thread.

It's sad that we seperate ages of human history by what weapons humans have used against each other...

Bronze, Iron, Gunpowder, Industrial (allowing us to mass produce weapons), Atomic...

BTW... this age can't be considered Pax anything...

I suggest the "Age of F*cking like Rabbits"

And after looking at this graph... I'm seriously reconsidering whether or not developed countries should be supporting less developed countries with all this "aid". Jesus Christ... learn to support yourselves people. AND STOP ****ING LIKE RABBITS
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

ÃŽf you consider the Oil age over, so should be the Plastic age.

Comment

The Sava Can't Get Laid Age
            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Sava, people always ****ed like rabbits. This is 'The Medicine Age'

That's why there are so many people, yes?
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                The Sava Can't Get Laid Age
                1980-1996
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                    Sava, people always ****ed like rabbits. This is 'The Medicine Age'

That's why there are so many people, yes?
                    stop bringing logic into this
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

stop bringing logic into this
                      That's not an age.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                        Interesting thread.

It's sad that we seperate ages of human history by what weapons humans have used against each other...

Bronze, Iron, Gunpowder, Industrial (allowing us to mass produce weapons), Atomic...
                        That's a rather small window. The Bronze and Iron Age weren't named for their weapons, but for their tools. There's a lot more use for these metals then just weaponry . The gunpowder age is a ridiculous phrase and not used commonly.
                        The industrial Age: well you described very well where it got it's designation from.
                        Atomic: not from blowing two bombs, but for harnessing it as fuel.
                        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

at Sava - no, not you, your ****ing like rabbit post (I've noticed you have become a little pricky )

A good choice would be the Scared Age - everything is dangerous and are going to kill you - AIDS, SARS, birdflu, second hand smoking, cycle helmets (no, the helmets isn't killing you, but not wearing one and you are dead meat), obesity etc - you can't open a newpaper or turn on the telly without yet another warning about some new threat.
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

The age of mass manipulation by the media.

Comment

media = communications = information

so Information Age.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

'The Yang Age'

What went around is now coming around.

Comment

Working...
                                X