Apolyton Hygiene Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dis
    when you say wash hands after using bathroom, is that #1 or #2? Always number 2. But I'm talented enough to perform #1 without any contamination.
    Well good for you. Are you saying you are not talented enough to perform the #2 without contamination.

I wash my hands a fair bit actually-- after every trip to the bathroom and before every meal is a minimum-- I'll usually do it just after entering the house etc etc. Since I have started being careful about this a couple of years ago, my incidence of colds and flus has gone way down
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I'm talented enough for that one, buy why take chances. ecoli is nothing to mess with.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
        when you say wash hands after using bathroom, is that #1 or #2? Always number 2. But I'm talented enough to perform #1 without any contamination.
        About #1, IIRC urine is pretty sterile and the idea isn't to prevent contamination from that but rather from bacteria that you may have touched that was on your crotch. The idea is that something nasty will grow in that closed damp environment, and then you'll pick it up on your hands, then go eat something, lick your fingers, get sick and die.

But I'm not a doctor by any means. Anyone here have a better idea?

EDIT: That said, probably less than a quarter of all men wash their hands after just taking a whizz, and you don't see us dropping like flies, so something like that would have to be pretty rare. But why risk it? Come to think of it I'm going to start. No reason not to.
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Usually take 2 or more showers a day, wash hands about 75 times per day and change clothes at least twice sometimes three times per day.
          Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
          Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
          Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
          You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

By the way, Dis, I love how you manage to insert the fact that you're dating a 22-year-old woman into every thread.

I'd do it too, if I were in your shoes, but it's still amusing.

Comment

It's against my honor to shower. A true scientist should smell of old sweat and phenol.
              The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

I am seriously troubled by low result in daily banana polishing. I believe that this requires closer investigation by skilled psychologists to solve the problem.
                Mart
                Map creation contest
                WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
                  Usually take 2 or more showers a day, wash hands about 75 times per day and change clothes at least twice sometimes three times per day.
                  You know that you could get help...do you?

Seriously, we are becoming a civilization (well, some of us anyway) terrified of bacteria and the way our bodies smell. Its quite disturbing, and, among other things, is becoming a health problem. Why do you think theres so much allergies around. Growing up in a sterile environment does that to you. And showering several times a day screws up the bacteria that lives on you (yes, its true , they live on you , booo! ) so that you end up smelling even worse unless you buy some "super-dry-bacteriakilling-nonresidue-superfragrant-deodorant" that'll make you smell like a chemical spill and the indutry a couple of dollars richer.

Well, this might have been a radical view, but its not far from the truth

Comment

Oh, and just for the record, it wasnt me in the poll who "Showers less than once a week "

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                      so what's the general consensus on shaving "down there". I'm dating a younger woman (she's 22), and I like to keep in touch with what the younger generation is doing. Should I trim, or shave?

Pubic hair is disgusting, but there is little point in messing with it if you aren't in a relationship. But now that I am, and hopefully one that involves nudity soon, I'd like to know.
                      Trimming is an absolute must imo for both parties. Hmm, ok, I may not be part of the younger generation but then again, who cares.

Let me say though, that for a man, shaving is easier.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I agree that all 22 year old women must be completely shorn.
                        He's got the Midas touch.
                        But he touched it too much!
                        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell

About #1, IIRC urine is pretty sterile and the idea isn't to prevent contamination from that but rather from bacteria that you may have touched that was on your crotch. The idea is that something nasty will grow in that closed damp environment, and then you'll pick it up on your hands, then go eat something, lick your fingers, get sick and die.

But I'm not a doctor by any means. Anyone here have a better idea?

EDIT: That said, probably less than a quarter of all men wash their hands after just taking a whizz, and you don't see us dropping like flies, so something like that would have to be pretty rare. But why risk it? Come to think of it I'm going to start. No reason not to.
                          The best reason to wash your hands after you pee isn't because of the crotch bacteria, it's because you've been where people sh!t, touching the things they've touched.
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Somehow I´m missing "taking a bath"
                            (which, aside from showering, I do twice a week)
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

In the army, so shower daily, shave daily, brush my teeth two times a day.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

In the army I was in, we showered once a week.

Comment

Working...
                                X