Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the bird flu wiped out 7 out of 8 people worldwide...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much of the mortality related to the flu is due to things like dehydration and bacterial superinfections. These sorts of things couldn't be helped in 1918; they can be helped today.

So, please, everyone: calm the **** down.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Exactly

Modern medical management will greatly reduce the mortality rate. Thus, a bird flu pandemic would mostly kill the poor, old, and very young. Those left can replace the very young in pretty short order. And, who cares about the other two groups?
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

So it could actually be a blessing in disguise!

Right, I'm going to write a novel wherein the government engineers a strain of flu virus to wipe out all the oldsters and the poor, because they can't afford to pay all the pensions. And, to guarantee its success and that morons will treat my very word as scientific fact and prophecy, I'm going to say it'll be a liberal government/ conspiracy that does it.

Comment

No one will believe it. Only conservatives are behind conspiracies. FACT!
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
          X