Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the bird flu wiped out 7 out of 8 people worldwide...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the bird flu wiped out 7 out of 8 people worldwide...

What organized systems would remain? Would everything go along the way it does now, governments, military, the economy, religion, but with only 1/8th the people?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

The deaths wouldn't be distributed evenly though. NK for instance would likely not have any problems if they shut down tourism from China. The west could probably institute quaruntines effectively, and so forth.

also in all likelyhood there would be people advocating draconian solutions to this problem once it got around the 2/8ths to 3/8ths deaths range.

Comment

If the bird flu wiped out 7 out of 8 people worldwide...

...I couldn't care less because I would be one of them
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

If I get a say in who's to snuff it, this could turn out to be most beneficial on a number of levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
          If I get a say in who's to snuff it, this could turn out to be most beneficial on a number of levels.
          I take it Frieda would survive?
          Once again...

Comment

Exactly.

And if I got retroactive abilities, Marilyn would've actually turned 80 today.

(Edit: Phew, made it with 2 minutes still to go.)

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
              Exactly.

And if I got retroactive abilities, Marilyn would've actually turned 80 today.

(Edit: Phew, made it with 2 minutes still to go.)
              Today? Man, I totally forgot about that. Normally I light a candle in front of her poster. Sorry Norma Jean, wherever you are. I'll make up by watching at least four of your movies this weekend, okay?

I also forgot Bettie Page's birthday...
              Once again...

Comment

That's nice with the candle!

I think it will be okay, she was known to be a little late for things herself at times.

And this concludes this edition of the Winston threadjack.

Comment

I have a personal stash of Tamiflu, enough for my family and myself.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I hear most of the stuff packaged as Tamiflu isn't actually tamiflu. If I could figure out which was the real stuff and which fake then I'd go down to Tijuana and pick some up this weekend. Sometimes it is nice to be living in a first world country right next to a 3rd world country because you can literally buy anything you want even if you don't have a perscription.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Well then I could finally rise up and bring about my utopia, of course.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

...that would be a good start.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

My utopia. Naturally, it's just a ruse to bring everyone under my iron fisted rule.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

It's illegal to buy presciption medicine in Mexico without a Mexican doctor's prescription. You can get caught in a scam where the druggest will sell you the drugs, then call the police on you himself, and share the bribe money you have to pay.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

If the bird flu wiped out seven of the first eight posters in this thread, I would hope Oerdin was one of them.
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X