No announcement yet.

Anyone know how to get rid of mice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy lives in Newfoundland, he'll be lucky if he can find Coke at his local store.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Snap traps: Good. baited with peanut butter, which glues on something else...like a small piece of fruit or a small piece of dry dog food.

Trapping rodents live then you have to either release them smack them in the head with something or toss them in the trash and let them die of starvation and dehydration.

Oh yeah--check around your house to see how they're getting in and plug up that hole!!
      mine I think were getting in by the dryer vent. So check that. And check where the plumbing pipes come in. Those are the 2 most likely spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

Umm, Ozzy, it's not a chicken.........

ACK!

(though it was a bat & a dove that Ozzy bit the head off, not a chicken if i can recall)
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

bat and a pigeon I believe. The bat someone threw up during a concert allegedly (though who brings a bat to a concert? ). And the pigeon during a meeting with record execs.

Comment

Behind the Music
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn

I wonder how effective one would be given that my "rat dog" is completely useless and apathetic. I've also heard that cats raised by other cats aren't very effective either.
              Get a young adult cat from the SPCA.

Trap a mouse.

Give the mouse to the cat.

The cat will not take long to figure out what mice are good for.

You will have a mouser.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Learn to live with them.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Snakes can be excellent mice catchers. Though most people prefer cats to snakes
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I've also heard that cats raised by other cats aren't very effective either.

Also, if the mother is a mouser, the kittens will be too if there are mice around when they are maturing.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Re: Anyone know how to get rid of mice?

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn

-How can I get rid of them without having to call an exterminator?
                      -How can I determine whether I have 5 mice or 5,000? I have no idea as I've never lived in a place with mice?

Any ideas? I'm all grossed out now.

If the mice living in your home are communist mice, bring in some capitalist cats. You will get results.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

get a farm cat - they don't always make great petting pets, but they kill faster than most in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                          Snakes can be excellent mice catchers. Though most people prefer cats to snakes
                          unlike cats but like mice snakes will crap all over the place. good luck house breaking the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo
                            unlike cats but like mice snakes will crap all over the place. good luck house breaking the thing.
                            However, unlike cats, snakes don't wee wee, IIRC. They don't stink as much, either.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

However, unlike cats, snakes don't wee wee, IIRC. They don't stink as much, either.
                              Cat's don't normally stink. In fact I've never encountered a cat with an odor I could discern, much less form an opinion on. What on earth are people doing to the poor cats you've been encountering?

As to your other point as long as the animal is house broken (which cat's pretty much instinctively are) I can't imagine why anybody could care less how many kinds of wastes they eliminate so long as they don't have to deal with it being spread around their house.

Snakes crapping everywhere will need to be dealt with. it will stink it will stain it will be ****ty and the animal crawling through it will probably smell pretty ****ty too.

No contest AFAICT.

Comment

Hire some scientists.
                                "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                                "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                                Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X