No announcement yet.

Anyone know how to get rid of mice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they let them escape into freedom afterwards, in the middle of the symbol of freedom itself - the highway.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn
      So what did you do with the mice? Let them die in there?
      Basic poutine ingredient.
      What?

Comment

A dog would never be as good at catching mice as a good mouser. Whoever told you that your Rat Dog was better than a mouser was lying.
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Set SNAP, mouse traps. DO NOT poison. Last thing you want is mice crawling in the walls, dying, and decomposing.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Kill the f*ckers. I had a similar problem at our last house.

We used to forget to empty the 'humane' trap so they starved to death and actually it was better to just use the traps that kill them fast.

At first I was all squeamish but after a few I got quite bloodthirsty! One thing is for sure, if you've seen a mouse there are dozens more you haven't seen.

They are amazingly cocky things. They'll just pop out of their holes right in front of you and wander around!
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Terrier dogs will catch rats but usually not mice - presumably an issue about prey size.

Get a cat. Try not to get one of the stupid ones that like to bring more mice inside to play with. End of problem (except that you will then have a cat to look after).

Traps are OK up to a point. The type that snap shut work for normal sized mice but if they have babies the little ones can be too light to set the traps off - but they can get big enough to breed more mice before they get big enough to trigger the traps.

You could try one of those ultrasonic things that are supposed to drive rodents away but your dog might not like it much either.

Get a cat. A rescued cat from an animal welfare charity is your best bet for a mouser. Don't get a kitten, you don't have time for it to grow up.
              Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

a monkey with a sledgehammer
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

An anaconda

Comment

Nope! I lived near a wood, we throwed them in the wood.

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn
                    So what did you do with the mice? Let them die in there?
                    bleh

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu

Basic poutine ingredient.
                      bleh

Comment

"The Woods" and/or "The Field" are the source.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                          Eat them.
                          Bite their little heads off, nibble on their tiny feet.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP

Bite their little heads off, nibble on their tiny feet.
                            Umm, Ozzy, it's not a chicken.........

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

a monkey with a sledgehammer
                              that is genious
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Oh yeah. If using a trap, mice love peanut butter.

Comment

Working...
                                X