Anti-Semitism Rising Among Israeli Youth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
    These kids are fourth generation children of Jewish fathers or the accompanying offspring of non-Jewish mothers of previous mixed marriages and by definition are not eligible for Israeli nationality and immigrant rights under Israel's Law of Return.
    Wow.

Israel.

you aren't j00 enough for us!
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

*Odin's head explodes

Comment

Whats so complicated?

I dont think the situations weird at all. You neglect the youth, they react.
        Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius
          Whats so complicated?

I dont think the situations weird at all. You neglect the youth, they react.
          Fancy that.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

"These kids are fourth generation children of Jewish fathers or the accompanying offspring of non-Jewish mothers of previous mixed marriages and by definition are not eligible for Israeli nationality and immigrant rights under Israel's Law of Return. Consequently, they cannot register for state schooling and are not entitled to state medical insurance."

I think this explains the reason why...

Funny how a people that serves as an example of what racism can do have right now a fundamental racist legislation themselves

Anymore heads exploding ?
            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I don't know how to say this without getting myself in trouble, but in my experience with Jewish people (pretty much all of my friends from college) most of them are very insular. They wouldn't dream of dating a non-Jewish person, and with the exception of me, pretty much only associate themselves with other Jews. There is very much a bright line distinction between Jews and non-Jews in their minds (and among other Jewish friends of mine). I don't think many have a very high regard for non-Jews. Whole chosen people thing I guess.

But anyways, my point is the Israeli policies don't seem to be out of step with my impressions from a lot of the Jewish people I know. So no, my head is definitely not exploding.

Just sharing my experience.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

the jews were just begging for hitler to kill them, werent they ozzy? those elitist snobs. why couldnt hitler have tackled apple users?
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Is there some reason you have a personal vendetta against me?

Comment

nope. youre just easy to mess with and its entertaining. and at the end of the day i dont have any ill feelings towards you.
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

[q=MRT144]youre just easy to mess with and its entertaining. [/q]

Yeah, Ozzy, you have to learn to relax a bit and take a joke. Most of time we're messing with you because you'll fly off the handle. We're just "Fezzing" with you.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.â€
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

like when i told imran to lay off the ice cream. he didnt call me a ****ing *******. actually agathon claimed imran was skinny and that he was a true fatty.

either way, stay calm

Comment

With this growing phenomenon, maybe the Israelis will be less quick at throwing "antisemtism" smears at France. ZOMF the Israelis are so antisemitic!!1
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

"if it has happened in the country of Kant and Beethoven, it can happen everywhere. If we do not defend democracy, democracy will not defend us!"

"I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis
                              Anymore heads exploding ?
                              <--- Been there, done that.
                              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                              2004 Presidential Candidate
                              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

This doesn't surprise me at all. Israelis aren't the most tolerant of peoples around the globe, including even a lot of lefties out there...
                                "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                                "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                                X