Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg?

A debate may help shed light and finally resolve this issue.

It is Memorial day weekend in the U S of A and well, many chickens will be consumed on the grill and maybe a way we can stop and ponder where the origination came from?

Ok

Just another hot-topic debate for our weekend discourse

............and look, dont go out and choke yer chicken for he shall not give up the truth of this history but rather open a messy portal from which once thou starts thou canst not stop
    Attached Files
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

This should have been a poll.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Jimmy Carter.

Comment

The rooster came first.
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Well... as dinosaurs laid eggs long before there were ever chickens, I'll go with the egg.

Of course if you believe in a Biblical account of creation, you could argue God created the first chickens, which then laid eggs. I would also have to consider you insane though
          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
          -Joan Robinson

Comment

I'm sold on the egg.

It also answers the other age-old question : Why did the chicken cross the road?

Because mum was a turkey and dad was a pigeon! :cha-boom:

Comment

This is sooo easy. Naturally, the chicken.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis

Of course if you believe in a Biblical account of creation, you could argue God created the first chickens, which then laid eggs. I would also have to consider you insane though
                not insane but prepared
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                  The rooster came first.
                  I don't think y'all get it. The egg has to be fertilized before you get a chicken.
                  "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                  "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

So basically, whether the egg or the chicken came first is dependant on whether you're an evolutionist or a creationist.

Unless you're some christian whacko that thinks they were both created at the same time.
                    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
                      http://www.google.com/trends?q=chicken%2C+egg
                      Cool tool.
                      Attached Files
                      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac

Cool tool.
                        Hmmm, a spike right when Civ4 came out...

Comment

I'm surprised by the number of Finns.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278

I don't think y'all get it. The egg has to be fertilized before you get a chicken.
                            No, the rooster needs to get a chicken before he can fertilize her.

Comment

Working...
                            X