Al Gore, America's only hope ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnnC
    I can confirm that George Allen is not likely to win over any female votes from the Democrats. He's grotesque.

Really, Al Gore has a lot to recommend him. He's already demonstrated that he can win a presidential election; and in 2008 he'll be able to exploit the Clinton nostalgia factor. As I've posted elsewhere, I believe that by 2008 a lot of people will be nostalgic for the peace and prosperity of the Clinton era, and either Gore or Hillary could ride that nostalgia into the White House.
    We had prosperity in the clinton era but I doubt everybody has forgotten about the aggression against serbia so soon.

Comment

I would love to see Hillary win, if only because I think a good number of right-wingers' heads would literally explode.
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo

We had prosperity in the clinton era but I doubt everybody has forgotten about the aggression against serbia so soon.

Cripes, Geronimo, Americans have forgotten we have troops on the ground in Afghanistan! Serbia? Americans are as likely to recall Serbia as they are to remember our heroic fight against the Barbary pirates.
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

CLintons, bushes and gores...can't we just get rid of them all??? There is no reason to see any of these people in politics any more.
          "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Hillary will find it difficult to win. She's a politicians' politician. Gore actually has his own ideas and is the person who should have been elected in 2000.

But Gore is an intelligent man, and has thus ruled himself out of ever being elected President.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
              Really, Al Gore has a lot to recommend him. He's already demonstrated that he can win a presidential election;

What?
              Don't forget: Gore was the voters' choice in 2000, he got half a million more votes than Bush.
              ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                "increase the number of H1B visas"
                Good. Those things are hard to come by. My fiancee has to come in on a J-1 or TN-1 (NAFTA skilled worker) visa instead...
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Oh I agree it's a good thing. It's just not a very rousing speech to give to a group of people who will most likely enter the tech industry in four years...

Comment

I know; I was just bugging you.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                      Cripes, Geronimo, Americans have forgotten we have troops on the ground in Afghanistan! Serbia? Americans are as likely to recall Serbia as they are to remember our heroic fight against the Barbary pirates.
                      Precisely.

Furthermore, we achieved our objective in Bosnia and no American service members died there. For good or bad, those are the criteria by which most of us judge a military intervention.
                      ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

I'll just say this...

I knew Al Gore, Sr. He was a hell of a man. Al Gore, Jr. wouldn't get my vote for Dog Catcher, let alone President.

Think what you want about all the rhetoric, but I can tell you from experience that Al Gore, Jr's views change with the direction of the campaign contribution. He is not Presidential material.
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Gore would sent the USA straight down the toilet pipes.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I predict that if in 2008 he thinks that pulling out of Iraq can help a Republican candidate Bush will pull out of Iraq, otherwise he'll dump it on the Democrat following him.
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Democrats are screwed. They spent all their time opposing. I guarantee you one thing, whoever wins, from whatever party, will be put to the test as Bush was.

And you want it to be Gore being tested?
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                                And you want it to be Gore being tested?
                                Yes, Gore. (Or Hillary, or Joe Biden, or Evan Bayh, or Mark Warner, or Chris Dodd.)
                                ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

Working...
                                X