No announcement yet.

US $1 Coin, Take 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how easy is it to deposit coins in the bank?
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144
      how easy is it to deposit coins in the bank?
      The last time that I did it I had to roll them up and write my account number on each roll.

CoinStar
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• QFT!

Coinstar
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki
          They should replace all the presidents on currency with American Idol winners.

And you can even throw in Clay Aiken.
          He'd fit nicely on the dime.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin

I've heard somewhere that the $20 dollar note is the most commonly used note (or maybe its the $10), which counters that argument. Even if it wasn't, the longer circulation time is not significantly long to negate the cost saving argument.
            I think actually that the 20$ bill has the most (bills in circulation * value), ie total value. The 1$ bill is the most common iirc by a longshot though.

Comment

• Government printing money? What a bunch of commies.

In Hong Kong, the banks print the money. Great way to advertise.

Attached Files
              Golfing since 67

Comment

• What's stoping me making notes under the Standard Hong Kong Kalius Bank?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikander

I think actually that the 20$ bill has the most (bills in circulation * value), ie total value. The 1$ bill is the most common iirc by a longshot though.
                  In terms of total number of bills of course the $1 will be on top, and I may be confusing the issue in my mind for the reason you state.

Whilst you may spend more $1 bills, an individual $1 bill will not have as high a throughput in our collective pockets, I don't think, as say a $5 bill. It could be an interesting experiment for the eternally sad - count the number of each denomination notes you receive between the moment you withdraw the money from the ATM and the moment you've spent it all. Then divide by the total number of each denomination in circulation. It would give you an anecdotal feel for the most used note.

Unfortunately, not being in the US I can't perform this task. I would appreciate some feedback though.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kalius
                    What's stoping me making notes under the Standard Hong Kong Kalius Bank?
                    You need a licence, and IIRC, you would have to pay for that licence.
                    Golfing since 67

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin

In terms of total number of bills of course the $1 will be on top, and I may be confusing the issue in my mind for the reason you state.

Whilst you may spend more $1 bills, an individual $1 bill will not have as high a throughput in our collective pockets, I don't think, as say a $5 bill. It could be an interesting experiment for the eternally sad - count the number of each denomination notes you receive between the moment you withdraw the money from the ATM and the moment you've spent it all. Then divide by the total number of each denomination in circulation. It would give you an anecdotal feel for the most used note.

Unfortunately, not being in the US I can't perform this task. I would appreciate some feedback though.
                      For my part I almost always have more 20s than 1s in my pocket, as I usually get 10 $20 bills at a time from the ATM. But most people don't tend to carry nearly as much cash around as I do.

Comment

• I carry around mostly 20's. They're large enough to pay for most things but small enough that I don't worry about carrying them and don't get huge amounts in change.

Comment

• So my original statement (about 20's/10's being most commonly used) may well be correct in that regard?
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                          X