Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See my post following that one...

Comment

can't see putting coins in a wallet, unless you euros are confusing wallet with purse.

only women and europeans carry purses.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
        can't see putting coins in a wallet, unless you euros are confusing wallet with purse.

only women and europeans carry purses.
        They make men's wallets with small pockets for coins. Here's a nice example. They're not a bad idea, but having a place for coins reduces the number of card slots, and I carry a bunch of cards, so they're not for me.
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Coins in the front, paper in the back, cards, ID etc in the inside pocket of coat.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            I ****ing hate coins, that's why. I'm fine having a paper dollar. All my change ends up going into a big plastic box anyway (which gets emptied at a Coinstar when its full), since I hate carrying it around with me.
            All my small change goes pretty much the same way. My big change however (0.5€, 1€ and 2€ coins) are always used. These coins are infinitely more convenient than bills for such small amounts.

Personally, I'd like the 5€ bill to be turned into a coin as well. It's too commonly used for a bill.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
              Part of the reason is that changing the color of the US bills is culturally impossible, green has come to sybolize money.
              In some countries, green symbolizes nature, or hope
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Don't you think we've got enough coins as it is, Spif?
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Money gives me hope. And bills are made of trees (or cotton?), so it kinda represents nature too.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                    Don't you think we've got enough coins as it is, Spif?
                    We've got too much small change crap (1 cent, 5 cents).

But the big coins are fine as is. And to me, 5€ bills are definitely unconvenient

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                      They make men's wallets with small pockets for coins. Here's a nice example. They're not a bad idea, but having a place for coins reduces the number of card slots, and I carry a bunch of cards, so they're not for me.
                      You linked to Coach... and as you well know (or should know), Coach is a women's store
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

You linked to Coach... and as you well know (or should know), Coach is a women's store
                        I found it on their men's wallets page. They have excellent belts for men, too.

Learn to accessorize before you cast aspersions!
                        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I bet the number of Americans with mini-manpurses in their wallets is vanishingly small. I use a money clip myself.

I think we should have a paper bill quarter-dollar.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Why, so everything can round up to the next 5 cent mark?
                            I'de actually like that. I hate all the prices that end in 99 cents. Wht the hell do that do that anyway, are people that unobservant to as to think it's a dollar cheaper then it actually is?

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                              I'de actually like that. I hate all the prices that end in 99 cents. Wht the hell do that do that anyway, are people that unobservant to as to think it's a dollar cheaper then it actually is?
                              Actually... yes.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                                I found it on their men's wallets page. They have excellent belts for men, too.

Learn to accessorize before you cast aspersions!
                                Ever been inside a Coach store?

Comment

Working...
                                X