No announcement yet.

US $1 Coin, Take 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well yeah, first of all they need to make dimes bigger than nickels. As it is now it just doesn't make any sense.

Then make the dollar coin just slightly bigger than the quarter, enough so that you can tell without looking at it.

Then introduce the dollar coin and drop the dollar bill.
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Coins are annoying IMO. They fall out of your pockets, get stuck in the tracks under the car seat, weigh a lot especially hwen you have a bunch of them, and you can't write one them.

I think the paper esque thing we have going on is really convenient.
      Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
      Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Have you Americans ever heard of wallets?

Comment

Fer Crissakes you guys! There's nothing more annoying than visiting your inlaws in Minnesota, going to the "Target" (they don't have Canadian Tire down there for some reason) and digging out a wad of Ones to buy something, and you can't tell what the bills are because they're all the same colour and design. It's time the US got into the 21st century, money wise!
          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

One of the main reasons given for introducing £1 coins in the UK was to save costs. A pound note was expected to last just nine months before it had to be replaced. Coins last for years.

The smallest euro note is a five with one and two euro coins, same with sterling.

Question for the Americans complaining about coins. How many $1 bills are there in your wallet right now? If it is only 2 or 3, what are you complaining about.

Actually I find the smaller denomination coins more irritating as it is more difficult to find opportunities to spend them and they are easier to lose than the larger coins.
            Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
              and you can't tell what the bills are because they're all the same colour and design.
              Clearly Americans are smarter than Canadians.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Coins
                Dolla Bills

USA! USA! USA!

-Arrian, with my irrational post of the day
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP

Clearly Americans are smarter than Canadians.
                  Clearly.
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Grrr... in the interests of this thread, I put two quarters in my pocket this morning. BOTH quarters are now somewhere in the tracks of my center console after falling out of my pockets .

How many $1 bills are there in your wallet right now?

7. Though even if it was 2-3, I still would rather carry paper than coins.

Have you Americans ever heard of wallets?

And make your wallet all lumpy and heavy? No thanks!
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

my wallet is full of credit cards, drivers liscence, frequent buyer cards, movie rental cards, gift cards... damn
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

thank god we're based on a vending machine economy!

i think coins are an abomination!
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          I'm fine having a paper dollar.
                          You still use paper for notes?

That's so quaint. Polymer notes have been around for decades - waterproof, tear resistant, and can't be easily forged

Reserve Bank of Australia

Comment

I'm sure Imran knows that the dollar ain't really paper

I don't think we have polymer dollars, that's kind of neat
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Well Korea has bills that were until recently worth about $.80ish (up to a $1.05 now) and it's damn not to have to fish around in your pocket for coins all the time. Japan's large demonination coins are freaking annoying, damn things are hard to keep track of, you can exchange them when you leave the country and you're always having to grope in your pocket.

Now if you want monetary wierdness, Korea's biggest bill is worth just over $10 (used to be a good bit less too) which used to really annoy me. But I've gotten to like it, now I can always just how much money I have by judging the thickness of my wallet.
                              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Paper is just a generic 'catch-all' term. I don't think its like printer paper or anything.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X