Clear All

• Nah, but that would be funny.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

$250 for the camera. ~$90 total for carrying case, third party extra battery, & 1 GB SD card.

I really like it. It's very small. Smaller than I thought, but that's a good thing... makes it far easier to carry around. Takes pretty good pictures. I still have to get used to it and figure out all the fun picture options (this would be the first camera I've ever owned, and my father's cameras were/are all 35mm without all the bells and whistles of digital cameras). 5 MP looks pretty good for me, as the shots I've posted show (and they've been resized from 2000+*1600+ [or something] down to 800*600). Haven't taken any night shots yet, so I don't know how it works with low light (well, with low light and taking pictures of things that the flash can't really reach).

I think I did well on this one .
      Seems like a decent price. Canon is selling it in Hong Kong for about US$330. I saw it in a local store at that price with an extra battery and 1gb card thrown in.

I took a look at it the other night and I prefer the size and feel of the old IXUS 400 (an earlier model). That model was a bit thicker than the one you bought which gave it a more solid feel.

But that model has been discontinued, so I'm leaning towards the one that you bought. Seems like a great camera.
      Golfing since 67

Comment

• You should still be able to find the older model in some camera shops or online. While I was in Hangzhou, I wanted the Olympus C5050, but it was discontinued to sell the C5060, which imo was an inferior camera. After a bit of searching I was able to find the one I wanted in a department store.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Wouldn't higher quantities of mega pixels allow you to keep picture quality even after zooming in a bit?
          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
          -Joan Robinson

Comment

• Yeah, I could try that route, but if I get the old one I sacrifice features. So I have to decide which one I want more. I might also look at the Canon A series.
            Golfing since 67

Comment

• $330 for the camera, battery, and 1 GB card is a pretty good price. I got it for $250 because Amazon had it on sale, and I'm not sure what the regular price is.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Sunny day this Memorial Day
                Attached Files
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Victor Galis
                  Wouldn't higher quantities of mega pixels allow you to keep picture quality even after zooming in a bit?
                  Yes, but it isn't very efficient in comparison to an optical zoom lens. If you do this much at all it's better to spend your money on a zoom lens than on more pixels.
                  He's got the Midas touch.
                  But he touched it too much!
                  Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    Sunny day this Memorial Day
                    Have you got a license for that shirt?
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                    X