My new digital camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new digital camera

Never had a digital camera before. But in the next few months I'll be going to places with some nice scenery and I decided what the Hell (especially since my B-day is coming up, and I figure I could just get my gift now rather than wait after the money came in).

Here it is:

I'll have it in the few days .

Maybe then I'll be able to put up a new pic of me (I believe the only pics of me, I've put up are like 4 years old).
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

I my Canon PowerShot A75
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Should have gotten the S500. I owned an S400 until about a week ago when it was stolen out of my car (the car was also stolen but later recovered sans camera).
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The SD450 was $30 cheaper. I don't need a 7.1 MP camera. 5 is decent enough for me. Oh, and the 450 has a 2.5' LCD screen compared to the SD500's 2'
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

good choice, I have always found a large LCD screen to be highly useful.

You are also right about the megapixel, after 4.0mp, it doesn't really matter that much, 4.0 is good enough.

I'm annoyed video cameras are still hovering around 3.0mp and mostly 2.0.
          be free

Comment

Given that full screen on your computer monitor is significantly less than 2.0 MP (and your TV is even worse) I don't see why.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

its the same reason we record music at 96k and above. subtleties lost by technology arent always lost by humans.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

What the **** are you talking about?

Your screen can't display greater than that resolution. THE SCREEN IS THE BOTTLENECK

The 96K figure is not a bottleneck for speakers, as far as I know
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Heh .

My job would be complete if this thread turned into a flamewar over something entirely unrelated .

Comment

Given that MRT just doesn't know what he's talking about, I don't see why...
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                      What the **** are you talking about?

Your screen can't display greater than that resolution. THE SCREEN IS THE BOTTLENECK

The 96K figure is not a bottleneck for speakers, as far as I know
                      actually Digital to analog converters are a bottleneck as most of them only convert to 44.1khz. CDs are that way.

so why do we record at near double what can be burned to CD? like i said before. human perception. im pretty sure that even if we cant see something despite the digital device being a bottleneck, the subtleness of what was captured at such a high pixel rate is noticeable.

thats your problem KH, youre all numbers and not humanity
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

you look at the numbers and say "this is why it can't be" i look at the experience and say "this is why it is"

Comment

Oh this is going to be good.

Comment

It's like they're TRYING to conjure Agasherthon...
                            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                              It's like they're TRYING to conjure Agasherthon...

It's so damned true!

Though I believe Asher is banned still.

Btw, the back of my camera (to keep on topic ):

Comment

Working...
                              X