No announcement yet.

Best pc game music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's tough to say for me. Most of the time I don't notice game music. Though I do notice it when it's gone.

But It's between Baldur's Gate 2, Civ2, and Civ4.

Comment

crusader no regret, definitely awesome.

BG isn't bad either.

Then there's bunch of old classic games but I can't recall them now.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Ceasar III had great, very imperial tunes.
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

QFT
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

As said by Zkribbler and Franit, this category is quite simply dominated by Tropico.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I wish I knew what happened to my copy of Tropico. Lost it long ago, but I agree the music was great.

The music in the Final Fantasy games varies from really good to cheesy bad.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

http://www.snesmusic.org/v2/ Lots of great stuff in there...
                Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

OverClocked ReMix is a video game music community with tons of fan-made ReMixes and information on video game music.

first is a video game remix site with about 1400 judged entries

the second link is streaming radio of said remixes.

I really liked One Must Fall:Battlegrounds and Burn Cycle

--hooray for elitism

...adn I really like Master of Orion II's soundtrack as well
                  Pentagenesis for Civ III
                  Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
                  Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

The tune from the intro of Star Control 2 was awesome too. And it was a speaker tune too. Pure classic masterpiece.
                    Quendelie axan!

Comment

OMG if you have Doom 3 try this: http://cdoom.d3files.com/

It recreates the original KDITD using the Doom 3 engine, original maps etc, and the soundtrack seems to have been recorded using a band!
                      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

When Doom3 first came out, my first thought regarding modding was, that there will be Doom/Doom2 remakes at some point.

Undoubtedly brilliant. Remakes on new engines are great stuff. Just like I am very excited for the Half-Life remake on the Half-Life 2 engine.
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Civ 4

I really like the classical music in CIV 4. Stuff like that is the only stuff that I don't get tired of hearing over and over and over......
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Total Annihilation, the battle tracks are amazing
                            Zelda III a link to the past.
                            Baldur´s Gate I, II and exps.
                            Homeworld II.
                            Freespace I & II.
                            Planescape Torment.

All the time, especially Halo's and Halo 2's soundtracks.

And of course:
                            Originally posted by Trip
                            Chrono Trigger.
                            The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

I'm surprised and shocked that nobody mentioned the oh-so-catchy "Fa la laan" song from EU.....

-=Vel=-
                              The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Call of Duty had great soundtrack, as did the Medal of Honor games on PC/consoles.

Hearts of Iron had a good selection of classical music.
                                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                                X