No announcement yet.

Best pc game music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, Silent Hill 2 has some very good music. It's the same compose as the original Silent Hill, unless I'm mistaken, but a very different style of music. A few very atmospheric pieces in SH2.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

i mean "really good" music.

I still sometimes listen to red alert or diablo music.

how much of you guys do that for the games you've mentioned?

Comment

Silent Hill 2 music is in my music folder. I occasionally listen to some of the Civ4 music. Half-Life 2 music I don't really listen to because, IMO, it's just so much better combined with the game than stand-alone.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

The original Knee Deep in the Dead midi's from Doom
          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Red Alert for sure but certainly also Civ4.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
              i mean "really good" music.

I still sometimes listen to red alert or diablo music.

That's a totally different story - most game music is crap without the game.

Still, the lone trumphet in Incubation is worth listening to - allthough I wouldn't recommend it for lonely people without friends - it could send them over the edge.

I actually can't remember a bit of the music from RA II - can't be that good
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Splinter Cell: chaos theory was pretty good, and it was produced by one of my faves, Amon Tobin

Morrowind was pretty good, also.
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                  All the time, especially Halo's and Halo 2's soundtracks.
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Command & Conquer had an awsome soundtrack. Real songs

Doom and Frontier also had good tracks.

Most games I turn the standard music off and use winamp, although I try to have playlists related to the game.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I really loved the CTP original tracks, my wifes kinda tired of it, me, was more like calling me

Gramps
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Arcanum: Of Steamwork & Magick Obscura.
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Not a PC game, but Final Fantasy VI (or US III) is some of the greatest music EVAR!

Comment

I enjoy Oblivion's music, the opening music is absolutely brilliant
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Isn't it the same as Morrowind?
                              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
                                Isn't it the same as Morrowind?
                                I don't think so. I didn't notice it in Morrowind. Some pieces may be the same.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X