Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently the US has no right to enforce it's borders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaShi
    But by doing that you're giving rights to other countries that the US isn't allowed to have. That is entitlement.

Mexico should worry more about fixing the problems that are causing so many to flee than about suing the US for moving its military within its own borders.
    In another thread, someone said that Mexico's economy is doing wonderful and that most of the immigrants now, are coming from Central American countries, passing through Mexico into United States.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

If it's so wonderful, why are they passing through?
      If you think its just South American's, you're misinformed.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The really funny part of this is that Mexico keeps military guards on its southern border to keep Central Americans out. Talk about hypocracy.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

Yes in a beat up the ****** who doesn't realize he is actually bleeding profusely kind of way.
          I thought you had gotten off the short bus??
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000

They could only be considered loopholes because they clearly subverted the intended purpose of a higher law--namely the 14th Amendment. In this case, there is no higher law to subvert.
            Subjective
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              http://www.minutemanhq.com/
              Yay for the military wing of TEAM CRACKER

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker

Subjective
                What's the higher law in this case?

Comment

I thought you had gotten off the short bus??
                  Why, as driver I get to see all the little teddies with their bloody little noses.

Good times, Good times...
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

For you geniuses who think you are law experts, the laws have already been stated.

Posse Comitatus Act - Prevents use of federal troops for law enforcement activities

Insurrection Act - Superseded Posse, allows use of troops for law enforcement activities for EXTREME cases, most notably were riots where the a whole city is out of control and the local police can no longer handle law enforcement duties.

There is no higher law superseding either of these. The guard troops can also be dispatched under STATE AUTHORITY, at the Governor's discretion. This is allowed under Consitutional law itself. So really what we have is the President asking for the troops but the States are the ones using their legal authority to do it. It's a Federal (Executive Branch ) action which is being employed through the rights of the states, as laid out in the Constitution.

You may even be able to get away with 10 U.S.C. §§ 371-382, which allows military to share information and equipment with law enforcement agencies, but again prevents them from arrest type of stuff.

Regarding the Insurrection Act, it was not invoked, and it if it was, it's an abuse of the original intent. More likley was the use of the troops under state authority as "cooperative" with the White House, as mentioned above.

As I said, nice loophole.

PWN3D
                    Last edited by Ted Striker; May 17, 2006, 16:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                      Ah, what's the world coming to. The Romans in their day knew how to handle these matters. They would crucify a few illegal crossers just at the border. That would stem the tide.

So very christian of you

but then again, you are american
                      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I'm just letting you know what exists, Ted Mouth.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          If it's so wonderful, why are they passing through?
                          If you think its just South American's, you're misinformed.
                          I'm not the one misinformed, as I seriously questioned that particular post made by someone else, in the other thread.

I need to start keeping a log I guess, on who posted what in case I need the info in the future.
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
                            Let's build a series of old drive in movie style, outdoor projection screens across the Mexican border. We'll take illegal CRIMINALS(aliens) and torture them with live broadcasts on the screens 24/7.

If your not a U.S. citizen the only rights you have is the ones we choose to give you based on our own desires. Much of the world(Europe) may be gradually be buying some bizzare scheme of overbloated inherant human rights but the U.S. is not.

You are "other".

We are "us"

This is OUR country. US. MINE. NOT YOURS. If that is not acceptable, we have guns, we can and will employ violence.

I am all for deploying the actual military to protect our border from criminals.

You are the other.

We are better.

This is ours, go to hell.
                            I hope you had some kleenex ready for that one.

P.S. Learn to write.

Comment

Actually, sometimes I wonder why Mexicans even want to leave Mexico in the first place. What a fantastic country.

Comment

For you geniuses who think you are law experts, the laws have already been stated.

Posse Comitatus Act - Prevents use of federal troops for law enforcement activities

Insurrection Act - Superseded Posse, allows use of troops for law enforcement activities for EXTREME cases, most notably were riots where the a whole city is out of control and the local police can no longer handle law enforcement duties.

There is no higher law superseding either of these. The guard troops can also be dispatched under STATE AUTHORITY, at the Governor's discretion. This is allowed under Consitutional law itself. So really what we have is the President asking for the troops but the States are the ones using their legal authority to do it. It's a Federal (Executive Branch ) action which is being employed through the rights of the states, as laid out in the Constitution.

You may even be able to get away with 10 U.S.C. §§ 371-382, which allows military to share information and equipment with law enforcement agencies, but again prevents them from arrest type of stuff.

Regarding the Insurrection Act, it was not invoked, and it if it was, it's an abuse of the original intent. More likley was the use of the troops under state authority as "cooperative" with the White House, as mentioned above.

As I said, nice loophole.

PWN3D

I only know what I've read about in this thread, but this entire argument is, as I understand it, about a new bill in Congress that would supercede the Posse Comitatus Act. Thus the intended military actions would be authorized by a new law, not by exploiting a loophole in an old one.

Comment

Working...
                                X