Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently the US has no right to enforce it's borders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This happens every single time there's a raise in the minimum wage.

You realize that every time there is a raise in the minimum wage, it kind of happens in the middle of an economic growth period, because they figure, Hell, we can afford to raise the min wage! The **** hits the fan when the growth slows down and/or stops.

Economic studies show that higher minimum wages DO cost jobs. The question is how much less employment do you want to deal with in tradeoff with a greater min wage for those who do get the wage.

Stop spouting the commie BS and come back to reality, che.

Hell, if you hypothesis was correct there should be no problem raising the min wage to $50/hour, right? After all, it would just circulate more money in the economy, right? .

Note, this is VASTLY different than wages rising due to market factors (greater demand for workers by companies leading to payment of higher wages)
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      This happens every single time there's a raise in the minimum wage.

Economic studies show that higher minimum wages DO cost jobs.
      Actually, studies show just the opposite, despite what CATO would have you believe.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        Actually, studies show just the opposite, despite what CATO would have you believe.
        Bull****. Stop drinking the kool-aid.

Card & Kruger's study has been blown up by numerous studies looking into the methodology used. Ask 'Adam Smith' (the poster, not the famed economist ) about it; he knows the nitty gritty details.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
          Agreed. Wages will rise as everything becomes legal. But, as the wages rise, the jobs themselves will vanish.

BS!. As wages rise, more money circulates in the economy, driving up demand for more workers. This happens every single time there's a raise in the minimum wage. At a certain point, the Fed steps in and ratchets up interest rates to raise unemployment so wages will fall again. Again, this is history. It happens every single time, despite the GOP lies of rising wages causing people to lose their jobs.

God, what a crock of **** you serve.
          Now, Now, Che. Let's simply the acknowledge the presence of the illegals. They are here for a reason. It has "something" to do with the minimum wage.
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

[q] This happens every single time there's a raise in the
            Hell, if you hypothesis was correct there should be no problem raising the min wage to $50/hour, right? After all, it would just circulate more money in the economy, right? .

You unfairly distort Che's argument by blowing it up to unrealistic, exaggerated proporitions with the $50 an hour BS.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• It's called reductio ad absurdem, MrFun, and it's not BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
                Again, I think there is a real disconnect here. These illegals have jobs only b/c they work for less. Who would hire a person who doesn't even speak English if they had to pay them union wages?

This so-called legalization may actually lead to a mass exodus.
                Ohh they got/get hired on as illegals no doubt and currently are afraid of unionization activities for reasons of fear of deportation etc. OTOH once granted a more secure status don't think for a moment they wouldn't feel free to begin unionization activities and would be protected from dismissal under fair labor laws.

Your arguement only holds then for future illegals not for ones already in country and employed.
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Bull****. Stop drinking the kool-aid.

Card & Kruger's study has been blown up by numerous studies looking into the methodology used. Ask 'Adam Smith' (the poster, not the famed economist ) about it; he knows the nitty gritty details.
                  Yep.
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                    It's called reductio ad absurdem, MrFun, and it's not BS.
                    It's amazing that MrFun didn't get that... it was kinda obvious.

Comment

• On today's date in history, 1924 President Coolidge signs Immigration law: restricting immigration.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• The best way to stop illegal immigration is to crack down on employers hiring illegals. make the fines punitive enough so that using illegals hurts the companies' botton lines. Also grant resident status to any illegal that exposes his/her employer to the athourities, nobody will hire illegals if they can expose you without fear of deportation.

Comment

• The best way to stop illegal immigration is to kill anyone who isn't American.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Odin
                            The best way to stop illegal immigration is to crack down on employers hiring illegals. make the fines punitive enough so that using illegals hurts the companies' botton lines. Also grant resident status to any illegal that exposes his/her employer to the athourities, nobody will hire illegals if they can expose you without fear of deportation.
                            No doubt. That's why we need a national ID card. Now the illegals forge documents so that the employers don't know. Punitive damages without fault is not something we do in America.

Another thing I would do is require the Government to send an agent to arrest anyone using false papers. That has to be a crime, indeed a felony. They can tell, as they get tax money from people who seemingly do not exist in their databases.
                            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

The best way to stop illegal immigration is to kill anyone who isn't American.
                              Best?

Try this:

Adopt communism.

Comment

Working...
                              X