Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently the US has no right to enforce it's borders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In other news, SlowwHand has the most redundant sig of all Apolytoners!!
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• No it's not, you meathead.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn
        Mexico isn't a third world country. Far from it, its one of the richest countries in the world (granted, thats one of the criticisms anti-immigrants have).
        My point was that it's silly to post a nice picture of a place as evidence of how great it is. You could do that with just about any country.
        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
          In what way? If anything a huge influx of ilegals becoming legal offer huge recruiting opportunities for unions. My thought is unions are salivating at the opportunity to tap huge numbers of under priveledged workers.

And since its all about the benjamins when it comes to unions, it stands to reason they are looking at this as a bonanza.
          There is a problem, of course. As the illegals wages rise, their jobs vanish.
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Which, of course, gives us a clue as to why the Dems favor amnesty.
            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Yeah but unions don't look for the long term they need to stop their bleeding (membership losses) right now.
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• You really believe the unions will accept millions of illegals into their ranks?

Comment

• They'll take whatever they can get at this point. Previously frightened illegals afraid to unionize for fear of deportation all of a sudden become very inviting union targets once their status becomes more stable. Doesn't have to be a 100% thing. Unions would be pretty happy with a 10% (extra million or two members) share.
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Again, I think there is a real disconnect here. These illegals have jobs only b/c they work for less. Who would hire a person who doesn't even speak English if they had to pay them union wages?

This so-called legalization may actually lead to a mass exodus.

Comment

• well, why would they leave if (and only if) they have a job here which i the only reason why they came in the first place?

and it's not because you are with a union your wages are going to improve all of the sudden. they will find a way around that, believe me...
                      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Originally posted by Caligastia

My point was that it's silly to post a nice picture of a place as evidence of how great it is. You could do that with just about any country.
                        Mexico rox my sox. Period.

Comment

• That's because you have money.
                          ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Originally posted by dannubis
                            well, why would they leave if (and only if) they have a job here which i the only reason why they came in the first place?

and it's not because you are with a union your wages are going to improve all of the sudden. they will find a way around that, believe me...
                            Agreed. Wages will rise as everything becomes legal. But, as the wages rise, the jobs themselves will vanish.

The only solution would be for a fresh wave of new illegals who would be willing to work for less.

Comment

• How did we get on this track? There already is a farm workers union.
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
                                Agreed. Wages will rise as everything becomes legal. But, as the wages rise, the jobs themselves will vanish.

BS!. As wages rise, more money circulates in the economy, driving up demand for more workers. This happens every single time there's a raise in the minimum wage. At a certain point, the Fed steps in and ratchets up interest rates to raise unemployment so wages will fall again. Again, this is history. It happens every single time, despite the GOP lies of rising wages causing people to lose their jobs.

God, what a crock of **** you serve.
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X