Bush bad, Congress worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush bad, Congress worse

Latest polls: Bush's approval rating is now at 31%, and his approval rating on specific issues (Iraq, the economy, immigration) even lower. His only decent showing is on the War on Terror, but even there slightly more people disapprove than approve of the job he's doing.

The only consolation he has, really, is that Congress's approval rating is 8 points lower than his. Of course, Congress is in the hands of his party...

And 36% of respondents now say that their vote in the midterm elections will be, explicitly, a vote against Bush...

I can't find it anymore, but I once started a thread about how W would be the GOP Jimmy Carter. Three points to go!

The polling data: http://www.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/...LL_RESULTS.pdf
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

It's truly too late for america to realise their mistake in electing bush. He's out anyways at the end of this term.

Comment

I'm not so sure about those polls. Most people still seem to like Bush (I know I do ). This is evidenced by the number of people watching Fox News. I think those approval ratings are lower than actual. The main reason being gas prices.

Comment

But we still have over 2 years. I'm just most curious as who is going to run next year.

Comment

and his approval rating on specific issues... the economy... even lower

Hard to believe given the years of solid growth in the economy and the fact that the Dow is poised to reach an all-time high any day now. The MSM has outdone itself on this one.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
            This is evidenced by the number of people watching Fox News.
            Only 11% think that Fox news is trustworthy.

I am not sure if that's funny or sad.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
              and his approval rating on specific issues... the economy... even lower

Hard to believe given the years of solid growth in the economy and the fact that the Dow is poised to reach an all-time high any day now. The MSM has outdone itself on this one.
              Actually, a quick trip to Google News shows the lapdog MSM dutifully and uncritically reporting not only that news but also the White House's spin on the economy.

Perhaps, then, people are smarter than you think. Perhaps they understand that the economy is okay -- but Bush's handling of the economy (spending like a drunken sailor, giving tax breaks disproportionately to the wealthy), not so much.
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I don't know what Google News you're looking at, but the one I have access to lists the Nebraska Republican gubenatorial primary as a "top story" while the coverage of the near-record Dow is limited to brief reports in the business section. I like my home state and all, but something doesn't seem quite right about that...
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I'm sure things like this don't help

courtesy of Rev. Moon's WaTi

Inside Politics

By Jennifer Harper
                  May 8, 2006

Fueling the networks
                  Wondering if it's time to panic over gas or have SUV guilt? The broadcast networks pine for the panic. NBC, ABC and CBS are obsessed with gas, gas prices and irate consumers -- one more convenient way to blame something unfortunate on the White House. According to a new analysis by the Media Research Center, the three networks aired a total of 183 stories about the horrors of gas prices between April 12 and May 2.
                  Only four stories in the same time period covered the current low unemployment rate of 4.7 percent -- a fact which would have been front and center on the evening news in former President Bill Clinton's day.
                  "Instead of trumpeting the amazing 'Bush economy,' TV news has downplayed this recent good news while hyping the bad news of rising fuel costs," the analysis states. It also found the network coverage steeped in drama.
                  "All three networks employed loaded language in the promotional teases," which emphasized consumer angst. The stories, in fact, included 151 dramatic consumer complaints during the study period. The analysis also cited "skyrocketing" and "soaring" as the adjectives of choice for prices, and "pain at the pump" as the most-repeated phrase.
                  NBC was the worst offender, airing 79 negative gas stories, ABC followed with 59 and CBS with 45.
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Flip McWho
                    It's truly too late for america to realise their mistake in electing bush. He's out anyways at the end of this term.
                    Says alot about the average american that they had to elect him twice before they could even begin to entertain the thought that perhaps he's an absolute moron.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Change your sig, GL. It's making me hungry for a nice grilled steak, and here I am stuck at college with its crummy dining hall food.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Tasty animals
                        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                          Change your sig, GL. It's making me hungry for a nice grilled steak, and here I am stuck at college with its crummy dining hall food.

You're sitting right on a nice juicing rump, be proactive.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Mmmm... meat. I could go for a roast or a lamp chop right about now .
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

All this praising of meat is greatly disturbing to me, I will surely be distraught all day long. Whatever will I do.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                              X