Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apogee.gr v3, your feedback please

new corporate identity, new site....

Apogee Information Systems is a company specialized in today's emerging business sectors and latest technologies, namely web applications, website design, project management, human resources, research consultancy and online marketing services.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

for comparison
    v2 (2004)

v1 (2002)

Comment

It doesn't work from here.

Comment

a bit more info?

Comment

The page was offline. It's online now. Very slow on my Duron 900 & Opera 9 combo, takes ages for menus to fade in/out. Also, whatever I click I get "loading..." and after it loads it doesn't show anything.

Comment

Opera sucks
            i'll see if i can make it opera-friendly....

Comment

On an unrelated note, whatever happened to Apogee? I remember playing Triad when I was 8. Those were the days. I'm not sure what was better-Triad or Doom. No wait--Doom.
              "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Originally posted by Zevico
                On an unrelated note, whatever happened to Apogee? I remember playing Triad when I was 8. Those were the days. I'm not sure what was better-Triad or Doom. No wait--Doom.
                they are called 3D Realms now http://3drealms.com/

Comment

The French version sounds as if it's been transliterated directly from English...
                  Apogee est une société innovatrice du secteur Electronique, qui s`occupe avec le développement de software et offre des solutions efficaces pour les entreprises, qui veulent s`activer dans le secteur e-business. En utilisant au maximum la capacité de la plateforme Web, nous nous focalisons sur Intranet et Extranet perfectionnement et exploitation. Notre but primaire et de fournir nos clients avec des produits et services destinées à parer aux besoins de moyennes/grandes entreprises et organisations, basés dessus Technologies Internet en combinaison avec principaux de Gestion de documentation électronique et de Connaissance.
                  should be:
                  "Apogee est une société innovante du secteur Electronique, qui s'occupe de développement logiciel et offre des solutions efficaces pour les entreprises, qui veulent agir dans le secteur e-business. En utilisant au maximum la capacité de la plateforme Web, nous nous focalisons sur le perfectionnement et exploitation d'Intranet et Extranet . Notre but principal est de fournir à nos clients des produits et services destinés à parer aux besoins de moyennes/grandes entreprises et organisations, basés sur les Technologies Internet en combinaison avec les principes de Gestion de documentation électronique et de Connaissance."
                  I'm not sure of the meaning of principals even in English, though.
                  Avoid using such French as it won't get you any customer.
                  Clash of Civilization team member
                  (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                  web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                    Opera sucks
                    i'll see if i can make it opera-friendly....
                    Well, from what I know, Opera is fairly standards-compliant. This is version 9 though, so it could be buggy. You should definitely make the site visible in Opera, few people use it, but it's important people who do

Comment

Originally posted by LDiCesare
                      The French version sounds as if it's been transliterated directly from English...
                      My German is rubbish, but the intro text looks suspiciously similar to a Google translation of the English one too.

Avoid using such French as it won't get you any customer.
                      Quite. It's probably one of the worst mistakes you can make.

If the German, French and Italian are indeed mostly machine translated, drop them and stick with Greek and English.

But it works fine in Opera 8.54 as far as I can see, by the way. Except it would be nice if the design was more fluid, so you don't need a screen resolution of 1024x768. There are still people using lower screen resolutions (or sidebars, like me )

Also, the scrolling buttons on the right look like a 5 and a 6. I bet that should really be up and down arrows. I don't have the Webdings font. I think it's only a font that comes with MS Office or something.

And the code looks like a right mess. Can't you put the JavaScript and CSS in separate files?
                      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Zevico
                        Wolf3D!
                        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
                          But it works fine in Opera 8.54 as far as I can see, by the way. Except it would be nice if the design was more fluid, so you don't need a screen resolution of 1024x768.
                          we went that road 2 years ago and designed a site that worked on 800x600 but we now feel it's time to move on...

Also, the scrolling buttons on the right look like a 5 and a 6. I bet that should really be up and down arrows. I don't have the Webdings font. I think it's only a font that comes with MS Office or something.
                          it's the webdings font. mac people dont have it as well so i'll be changing them...

And the code looks like a right mess. Can't you put the JavaScript and CSS in separate files?
                          it's due to the cms system, everything (content, html, javascript, css) is in a database....

Comment

Fair enough.

There are still a number of people using less than 1024x768, though, and generating everything from the database into a single file creates larger HTML pages and thus longer load times. I'm sure that even with a database it is possible to keep them separate and have a site-wide CSS file etc.
                            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

everything is possible. you just have to code it

Comment

Working...
                              X