No announcement yet.

Study: Geography Greek to young Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are alot of the questions on the National Geographic quiz even considered to be about geography? The location of a TV show? The location of an earthquake? Most heavily fortified border? The exporting question? The consumption of oil? Seems to me that these are entertainment, news, political and economic questions.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢

That's an absurd claim. Nobody would willingly make himself look stupid.

Markos: it's Bahrain.
      I do it all the time here in off topic. You don't think I actually am this stupid do you (don't answer that )

Comment

I already said that was a joke. And don't you make me explain it again.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

what was that again?

Comment

Which city is further west? Reno, Nevada, or Los Angeles, California?

I have asked this question here before, but it was a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
              what was that again?
              Connect the dots people!
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                Which city is further west? Reno, Nevada, or Los Angeles, California?

I have asked this question here before, but it was a long time ago.
                I would guess Reno, but I'm not 100% certain. LA is fairly far down into the eastward curve of the Cali coast, while Reno is right up against the vertical (north-south) border with Cali.
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                X