No announcement yet.

A REAL Superman Returns trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks good-ish. Kevin Spacey seems like he's going to be a pretty kick-ass Luthor. Just because its not Hackman's performance doesn't mean it won't be a great Luthor.

That being said, why couldn't they find a Superman who seemed like he has, I don't know, personality. This new guy looks to be a cookie-cutter "super" hero.
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Superman is the cookie-cutter from which all other Super Heroes are based off of.
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Superman as a character doesn't have much personality, so in that sense, I guess the actor suits the role, or is playing it too well.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Well, if they're going for that, fine.

But Christopher Reeve had subtlety in his Superman.

True, I haven't seen Returns yet, and therefore can't really judge...but unlike Spacey's Luthor, this Superman (Brad something?) didn't really pique my interest.
          "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

I hate quicktime.

Comment

youtube it.
              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I'm a big Gene Hackman fan, but always thought his Lex Luthor was a pretty weak portrayal. Lux Luthor was a methodical, obsessive evil genius, bent on both world domination and the destruction of Superman. Hackman played him as more of a sideshow scam artist, a clever con man.

I anticipate Spacey will provide the gravitas approopriate to the part.

RIP Christopher Reeve, you'll be missed
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Superman is the uber-good guy, and you know that good guys have no personality. Maybe that's why no one wants to be a good guy anymore. Even in Real Life (TM) everyone wants to play the heavy. If only someone could concoct a good guy with personality, class and style kids would stop wanting to join gangs, do drugs, and molest women. Kids would want to get jobs, raise families and help people. The world would be a better place. Pretty dull, huh? Yeah, you're right. Forget I mentioned it. Carry on.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Indeed...

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I just watched the HD trailer. Very nice. It looks as if it might be even better than Batman Begins, which I also enjoyed. The superhero movies before that kind of sucked.

Thank God they kept the Williams' theme: that is one of my favourite movie themes.

I hope the Green Lantern will be good too.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Direct link for download: http://images.apple.com/movies/wb/su...tlr2_h640w.mov
                        http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                          Superman is the uber-good guy, and you know that good guys have no personality. Maybe that's why no one wants to be a good guy anymore. Even in Real Life (TM) everyone wants to play the heavy. If only someone could concoct a good guy with personality, class and style kids would stop wanting to join gangs, do drugs, and molest women. Kids would want to get jobs, raise families and help people. The world would be a better place. Pretty dull, huh? Yeah, you're right. Forget I mentioned it. Carry on.
                          Marvel heroes seem to have personality... Atleast the latest I've read. Anyone else following Civil War?
                          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Anyone ever hear the joke about Superman, Wonder Woman and the Invisible Man?
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Kevis Spacey looks promising as Luthor. I'll go see it just for that...

both superman and lois seem to have been casted too young though. it's like watching that "young superman" tv series...
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Take that back Markos!!!

Kristin Kreuk is a fine piece of womanhood!!
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X