Happy Cinco De Mayo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Cinco De Mayo

I can't believe there isn't a thread on this!

Congratulations to the Mexicans for kicking the French out of their country!

Oh and Happy Drinking!

They're still tired from that long walk from Texas for that May 1st celebration.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I was just waiting. All the damned bleeding heart left wing asses that lump in illegal aliens with immigrants, and not a thread.

What a bunch of fakes.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

white people are smart, they conquered a continent without violating any immigration laws

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
          They're still tired from that long walk from Texas for that May 1st celebration.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            I was just waiting. All the damned bleeding heart left wing asses that lump in illegal aliens with immigrants, and not a thread.

What a bunch of fakes.

I'm a liberal and I oppose too broad of an amnesty for illegal immigrants.

Try not to lump all liberals together.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I oppose any amnesty at all.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Same here. What good is a law if you don't enforce it? It will only encourage people to do that and other illegal activities.
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                  white people are smart, they conquered a continent without violating any immigration laws
                  exactly

native americans should have made conquering people illegal

those dumases
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                    native americans should have made conquering people illegal
                    We expanded our borders first so technically we weren't "immigrating".

Comment

We did it legally, hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278

We expanded our borders first so technically we weren't "immigrating".
                        Yes. I think the proper term is "ethnic cleansing".

I figure, the least America could do to make up for past sins, considering we still have someone on our $20 bill who would today find himself in The Hague war crimes court for ethnic cleansing crimes, is allow amnesty and reform the immigration system so that people aren't forced to try and come here illegally.

Considering that America is a country built on immigration, and the blood of those who land it once was... it's the least we could do.

Plus, the main arguments against the amnesty I hear are:

"MY TAXES ARE PAYING FOR THEM AND THEY DONT PAY TAXES"

Well, if they are made legal, they will pay taxes. Problem solved. And if there are so many of them, think of how much more revenue that will bring into the mix.

But no... there's always that knee-jerk reaction... "what they did was ILLEGAL... ZOMFG!"

Tearing off the sticker on your mattress is illegal.

All these people are guilty of doing is trying to come to a land of opportunity and build a better life for their family. Hell, America is such an awesome country, people will break the law to come here. And you want to punish people for that?

America already has a problem with it's image around the world... are you trying to make things worse?
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

somebody get a mop, sava's bleeding all over the floor

Comment

all right...

here's a better one...

illegals are here

go deport them all

Have fun!
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Here's a lesson in policy... when a law is unenforceable... change the policy, then spin it as best you can and claim all the credit.

If Bush were smart, he'd do it. Too bad he can't convince the mouthbreathing racists in his base that it's a good idea.

As dumb as he is, he knows that illegals are here to stay. He knows how vital they are to the economy. He knows about the security problems. But he's stuck in a terrible position.

The Democrats will take advantage of this because their base supports immigrants rights and is more acceptable to the idea of amnesty. Plus, they would gain even more support if the amnesty happened. Imagine, a few million new citizens... what party would they support? And I can tell you now, immigrants would vote in greater numbers than the average American born citizen does.

This is the reality of the situation. Some sort of reform is going to happen, and it's probably going to benefit the Dems more than the Repukes. With the people here already, you won't be able to get rid of them. It's just not going to happen. So you have to assimilate them. The Senate plan is probably going to be the one that eventually gets passed... in some form or another. But I don't know how long it will take before a compromise is reached.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X