Dammit, I think I'm in love.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dammit, I think I'm in love.

This is long, but serious, so PLEASE DO NOT Post if you don't read it all. If you read it all, then you can scorn me or make fun of me or whatever. But it is a matter of the heart, so...be kind.

Okay. You see, I have this problem. Her name is Lauren (i'll attach a pic at the bottom).

I've always been good with girls. If there is one talent I have, that is it. Well, that and playing them. I was good at scheduling, twisting the truth (it is amazing how seldom you have to lie. People ask you questions and listen to you answer, but they don't really seem to care or notice if your answer actually matches the question), and not mixing up names. It wasn't unusual for me to be dating (and I use the term dating loosely) 4 to 5 girls at a time, and keeping them all happy because I'm good at playing boyfriend. And my emotions just never seemed to get involved. I cared about them as people, but I was never in love.

So, then I move to Houston, and a friend introduces me to Lauren. And the unexpected happened. We hit it off like no other, and we are joined at the hip for a month. Crazy Crazy things happened, which are not suitable for a family oriented forum After a month, we started getting on each other's nerves, and arguing more, and getting into a few biggggg arguments. I say it is because we are both very passionate people. Anyway. It started as a little leak in the dam, and instead of fixing it, we dug out the edges and watched the dam assplode. Shortly after our two month we decide we are fighting too much and we need to just call it off.

That was Sunday, and I've been miserable since. As it turns out, I was happier with her and arguing than I have been without. I've started to realize that the joy and pain and love were color to my black and white world. I can't really eat or sleep or go back to my old ways. I realize now that even the pain is better than being numb, sitting idly by and casually observing the emotion I caused in others. For the first time in my life, I'm in a situation with a girl where I don't know what to do.

"Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

write sad poetry in your diary...

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

After reading the first line I was fairly committed to scorning you, but now I feel bad you.

How does she feel?
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

AFAIK, the lovish thing to do at that point is to act according to your feelings, which necessarily involves doing something wrong.

I'd argue it's much better than behave rationally, trying to control your emotions, even though it hurts.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
          After reading the first line I was fairly committed to scorning you, but now I feel bad you.

How does she feel?
          Like screaming at him I suppose, based on the OP. Love makes you feel and do weird things. Not sure what to tell you Kaak, other than cut your hair. The moptop looks awful.
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
            AFAIK, the lovish thing to do at that point is to act according to your feelings, which necessarily involves doing something wrong.
            Yes! That's it! You need to do something incredibly, dangerously, and most important embarrassingly stupid!
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

She's hot, go for it. (I hope that was you in the picture) Good luck.
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

She looks cunning and dangerous.
                be free

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                  Yes! That's it! You need to do something incredibly, dangerously, and most important embarrassingly stupid!
                  Isn't it par for the course when you're in love?

I'm still wondering whether doing such things is for the better or worse. But still, I imagine it belongs to this whole "joy, pain and love that bring color to his black and white world" thing. Better keep the colour in, than to forcefully turn the world black and white again.
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                    She looks cunning and dangerous.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I think I am going to be sick with all this sentimentality...
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

You've done the right thing. Stay away from her for a while then see how things go.
                        What?

Comment

Does your ex still love Kaak?
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Advice from my dad:

There are only 3 things you need to know in order to have a successful relationship; "I'm sorry", "you're right", "it's all my fault."

Couples argue, it's bound to happen. However, if you can work it out and compromise for the sake of the relationship, then the relationship is doomed.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

The thing with love is, you can't just try it out and "see if it works", 'cause it never will in the long run if you play it that way.

If you want to keep it, you have to make it work.
                              That can be hard, painful, troublesome and what not. You will have to swallow some pride and you may occasionally find yourself wondering why on Earth you wanted this in the first place. But if you think she's the one, then spare no expense. Really. You can have a long and happy life together if you're both willing to stick with it and make it work.

Remember, true love isn't just about the good times.
                              True love is about staying together through good times, bad times, in sickness and in health and so on and so forth… No relationship can ever be 100% perfect. There will be bad days and hard times, but those can be overcome if you're willing to stay together and work together as a couple. It's not easy and the price can be high for both of you. But I like to think that it all pays off in the long run.
                              "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
                              -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Working...
                              X