Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread VIII - The beautiful game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How old are you? I was still busy mastering basic calculus while you were beating up Englishmen.

Brazil in '98 was cool too. Typical that in the games Belgium shines, it also loses.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• I've still got the scar....it was worth it though. I've got worse scars that havn't got me laid!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
        How old are you? I was still busy mastering basic calculus while you were beating up Englishmen.
        We were both 21 at the time. I couldn't find any Belgians in Corfu to beat up though.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
          How old are you? I was still busy mastering basic calculus while you were beating up Englishmen.

Brazil in '98 was cool too. Typical that in the games Belgium shines, it also loses.
          Alot younger than Reds, I'm a puppy at 37.

Can't even really remember the Brazil to be honest. I care less and less about sports, so...
          The last couple of years have been on the lean too, maybe that's part of it. My generation is a bit spoiled when it comes to the national team.

True though, we need big opponents to play well. I guess that's why we hardly ever do well against the dutch.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Hey! I'm 37.

You're right though Alva, you used to have a decent national team and Anderlecht used to be a feared side.

Comment

• Yes, but you are this months and next years moth older.

You're from march, right?

That was a very good generation, not the best players persé but all very strong personalities and a never-say-die (that's the expression, right? ) mentality. Pretty much all of them became succesfull coaches later on.
              The team was also very well balanced, sometimes that's alot better than having several star players in your team.

'nough of that, let's get back to the current WC, before we lose all American interest in this thread.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

• Originally posted by alva
                before we lose all American interest in this thread.
                Wishfull thinking......just kidding!

Oh, yes, March and yes, thats thew right expression.

Comment

• I am only 30, I was watching England Belgium in 90 at home and not even drinking.

Only thing I remember about that game is Platty's goal.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

• Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

• Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by reds4ever
                        England has one club that could fill 80,000 stadium.....
                        Yeah, and the sooner the scum catch up with the Toon the better for the whole game. I mean, we don't invite Real Madrid to play us just because we've reached another 60,000 on the season ticket waiting list.

Comment

• Originally posted by reds4ever
                          England has one club that could fill 80,000 stadium.....
                          More than one club. Arsenal have filled their new 60,000 capacity ground for next season already, and there are still probably 50,000 of us unable to get tickets. Some people have been on the waiting list for 10 years and have not got anywhere near a season ticket.

The new stadium was capped at 60k by the authorities who said that the transport infrastructure couldn't accomodate any more.

Comment

• 1 day 07 hours 16 minutes to go...

COME ON!!!

Rooney back with the squad and training.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

• So you may actually make it through the first round then hey?

Comment

• He won't play in the first round whatever happens.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X