Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread VIII - The beautiful game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes you can't keep a player if a big team comes in for them and they want to go.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

• Who knows, maybe he likes Reading . They gave him a chance, after all . Maybe he'll still a little while yet.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• any of you guys watch germany - japan? lucky ****in germans. they get outplayed for 70 miinutes, fall behind 0 - 2 on horrible defense breakdowns (and pure lazyiness) and then they get two goals off set plays.

the germans ALWAYS do this. but thats why they always lose in the finals

watching them run is hillarious too. they have no speed, they put their heads down and run straight ahead, like a panzer. and they are all 20 centimeters taller than the guy marking them on the other team.
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Germany Vs Japan? Watch...paint...dry...

Who gives a toss about friendlies anyway?
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• i do . . . and im going to one tomorrow!!!!

switzerland - italy in genenvaaaaa.
            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• good news . swiss french television is reporting that kuhn wants a better performance out of his players and will want them to play at a faster higher level. the italian team will be starting all of their regulars except for one.

could be a good first half at least. if it dont rain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                Who knows, maybe he likes Reading . They gave him a chance, after all . Maybe he'll still a little while yet.
                Haha... yeah... staying with Reading for the scenic attractions like Forbury Gardens and the beautiful Kennet..

Yeah right

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                  any of you guys watch germany - japan? lucky ****in germans. they get outplayed for 70 miinutes, fall behind 0 - 2 on horrible defense breakdowns (and pure lazyiness) and then they get two goals off set plays.

the germans ALWAYS do this. but thats why they always lose in the finals

watching them run is hillarious too. they have no speed, they put their heads down and run straight ahead, like a panzer. and they are all 20 centimeters taller than the guy marking them on the other team.

It never ceases to amaze me how Germany continually progress to the latter stages of tournaments without ever playing any noticeably good football.

I am looking forward to seeing if Mad Jens comes up with something special though - both in the goalkeeping and losing-it departments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kalius

Haha... yeah... staying with Reading for the scenic attractions like Forbury Gardens and the beautiful Kennet..

Yeah right
                    Premiership football, one of the best stadiums in the country, 30 minutes from London. There are much worse 'small' teams to play for.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

• [q=Cort Haus]It never ceases to amaze me how Germany continually progress to the latter stages of tournaments without ever playing any noticeably good football.[/q]

They are, indeed, sneaky bastards. They win so much but no one knows how.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• In the past they had good players so that was at least a clue. Now it is a real surprise. Their route to the Final last year was one of the easiest ever and even then they should have lost to the US....
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH

Premiership football, one of the best stadiums in the country, 30 minutes from London. There are much worse 'small' teams to play for.
                          One of the how many best stadia in the country? 25?

Comment

• 36, by one measure.

But how do you measure the best?
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Chelsea gets their man. 30 mil pounds for Sheva.

Comment

• Oh yes, and Everton sign Andrew Johnson for 8.6 mil pounds:

Comment

Working...
                                X