No announcement yet.

opinions on Tool's 10,000 Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trainspotting numerologist jerk-off Tool-nerd (and that accounts for 100% of Tool fans)
    Rosetta Stoned manages to sneak in some of Tool’s beloved po-faced scatological humor amid a tale of some loser who does too many drugs and thinks for a split second that his life has meaning, but then it escapes his addled mind (sound familiar, Tool fans?).
    Imagine my immense pleasure when my hard rock album was interrupted— no, that’s too harsh a word— when my hard rock album was magnificently bolstered by exactly the sort of stupid ****ing crap I might hear on some grocery store counter impulse buy CD of New Age chanting bull****! Bravo! I can have my cake and eat it too, and while I eat my cake I can listen to some total crap!
    his is not to mention the three-minute intro to Rosetta Stoned; that clearly doesn’t count as filler, since it’s an integral part of the song, right? I mean, you might ask “what could possibly make an already lengthy and overwrought song even better?” Obviously, the answer is to make the sum’***** longer! Just slap on a vacuous three minutes of guitar feedback and a couple of menacing chords, and viola: epic.

Comment

wouldn't be funny if somebody lampooned something awful?
      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Beyond the broad definition of prog as an experimental art form, however, lies much debate about what really makes a band part of the prog scene:
        "As far as the prog references go, we embrace them. However, we would prefer our new moniker, which is a Mulligan stew of progressive rock, Bulgarian folk metal, rock ’n’ roll, ’80s disco and Christian rap that we like to call Munge."[32]
        (Keenan, interviewed by the Boston Herald, 2006)
        This quote is from the wikipedia article on Tool.

Does any of the Tool fans here know what this Bulgarian folk metal might be. Any band names?
        Quendelie axan!

Comment

Originally posted by Aivo½so
          Interesting... I didn't know Tool is perceived as "nerdy"
          Yes. A bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I gave this album a handful of listens....and just won't listen anymore. Frankly I have much more enjoyable things to listen to when I'm in that kind of mood.

Comment

it's grown on me, what can i say?

even said 'epic.' there
            is a story in there, and now i'm actually wondering what it is...
            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Working...
            X