No announcement yet.

opinions on Tool's 10,000 Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye, I was having a think about what you mentioned and could start seeing a few resemblences with 13th step. Can see your line of thinking though I don't necessarily agree fully. I can definitely hear more of an older tool influence in 10'000 days than lateralus.

Comment

i was just worried that it would be completely inaccessible to anyone other than the most hardcore tool fan, or someone with a degree in music.
      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

**** I forgot the album was coming out. time to download... actually Tool is one of the few bands I will purchase their CD. I'm just not sure when I'll get to the store to buy it.

Comment

I don't actively seek out free mp3s, but if they come my way I'll have a listen. If I really like a band I'll buy their CD because I like to have the "real thing" if you know what I mean. I also think if a band is that good they deserve my money.
          ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Aye, I download a lot of music as well, but if I don't like it then I won't waste my money buying it.

I don't think it really makes all that much difference in this case. If I couldn't try it, then more than likely they wouldn't have got my money anyways.

Comment

That's about 30 years, isn't it?
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Do they blaspheme a lot in this one?
                I need a foot massage

Comment

The ArtWork of the Tool Album's worth my purshase!!!

Now I'm in the process to make MP3 with my CD, and I'll listen the album!

bleh

Comment

Vicarious

Pretty good song! I find some similarity with Pu**** from Aenima.
                    bleh

Comment

first 4 songs are so far!
                      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
                        Do they blaspheme a lot in this one?
                        yes and no. wings for marie/10,000 days is about keenan's mother. she suffered a stroke and spent 27 years paralyzed, but her faith never waiverd. the song 'judith' is also about her. i'm getting the impression that it's more him demanding what is due for his mother.
                        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Aye I get that impression as well. He seems to say shes suffered long enough (10,000 days in the fire) give her her dues (wings)

The song Right in Two, is also religious in nature, but attacks humanity rather than religion.

Comment

My favs are 10'000 Days, Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned, Right in Two

Comment

Hmmm, somethingawful's "your band sucks" just covered this album, whatever it is (I don't listen to anything recent, don't intend to start).
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

The article's URL is http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=3787

Interesting... I didn't know Tool is perceived as "nerdy"

Comment

Working...
                                X