opinions on Tool's 10,000 Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on Tool's 10,000 Days

anyone else want to offer thoughts while i write up my opinions on my sixth listen?
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

I haven't bought or listened to the album yet, but I find that really good progressive albums take at least 10 listens to get into.
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

I've had it for a week now. It's great.

Reviews are fun for bashing bad stuff. This album is good.
      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

I just went out and bought it. Can't listen to it yet though because I am at work. The lenses they built into the CD case are a bit crappy.
        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Is the new album angsty enough for you, SB?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It's great

Comment

It's awesome. Been listening to it solidly for almost a fortnight now. Brought it today.

Highlights for me consist of Rosetta Stoned, Right in Two and 10000 Days (wings pt 2). Though the whole album is unbelievably good.

I do hope the rumours that they might come here in august turn out to be true.

Asher, Tool isn't angsty, its depressed.

Comment

Not impressed with their song on the radio.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Really good. Something of a blend between the Undertow era and recent APC.
                  "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                  -Bokonon

Comment

The sounds a nice progression on lateralus. You can still hear influences from Undertow in some of the songs too (notably the first couple).

The musicians are all top notch and I enjoy how the average song is about 7-8 minutes (though all the better ones are above), though you couldn't expect less with Tool.

Deciphering the lyrics in Rosetta Stoned has been highly enjoyable and Maynard is well a God really.

I've heard compliants about there being too much filler but aside from Lost Keys and the last track I can't really think what else would be filler. Lost Keys is an awesome track as well.

All in all, I'm guessing that this'll be the album of 2006 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                      Is the new album angsty enough for you, SB?
                      Unbelievable!

Comment

APC and Tools only connection is maynard.

The musics significantly different.

Comment

Lateralus isn't all that different from APC.
                          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                          -Bokonon

Comment

SINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

In what ways are it similar? Also which album, theres a remarkable difference in sound between Mer de Noms and Thirteenth Step.

Comment

Was thinking 13th Step more than Mer de Noms, but I haven't heard either in a while...

Generally, APC is less visceral and more cerebral (for the lack of a better word) than older Tool (Undertow and Opiate). Lateralus went in that direction. It seems like 10,000 Days stepped back.
                              -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                              X