X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DinoDoc
    Laz does this thread better.
    I was about to say the same thing.

Whatever happened to our favorite whale-raping abomination, anyway? We need more Historical Filth.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

William 'Loser' Wallace.

Comment

Why on earth should only someone be seen as an "enormously famous individual" if he had a "practical impact" on history??? And what exactly would be "practical" enough here?

Being a famous writer is part of human history, as well as being a general or politician or a scientist or or or.....
        Blah

Comment

JFK, for obvious reasons..

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Shakespeare kinda sucks.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
              JFK, for obvious reasons..

JM
              Thanks.
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

He was a druck addict who did very little for this country but get us into messes. What most people associate with him that was good was actually done by others.

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

What most people associate with him that was good was actually done by others.

Jon Miller
                  Thats called leadership.
                  "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                  "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

People who did things after he was dead..

I put him as one of the worst of the 20th century presidents.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer

Whatever happened to our favorite whale-raping abomination, anyway? We need more Historical Filth.
                      He's been very busy at work, but is back to play now.

And Leonardo Da Vinci is top of the list. Edison is way up there too.
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

People who did things after he was dead..
                        He was inspirational. I also was one of those inspired by his example.

For worst presidents it would be hard to top Nixon or Carter, at least in my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                          And Leonardo Da Vinci is top of the list.
                          Good pick. What did he actually do?

Comment

He painted some miserable old sow and drew pictures of helicopters that would never fly, not in your wildest dreams
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                              William 'Loser' Wallace.
                              Explain your choice of William Wallace..
                              One thing you gotta ask yourself... where are you now? -- James Blunt lyrics

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
                                Laz does this thread better.
                                What?

Comment

Working...
                                X