Bush was warned there were no WMD, says former CIA man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by notyoueither
    Public arguments and legal arguments seldom meet.
    When the USUK saw it wouldn't get a UN mandate, it simply ignored international law. It's not like they'd get any consequences for breaking the laws, what with them being the most powerful alliance in the world and all that.

However, it considerably hurt the credibility of international law (more accurately, it killed a concept that had been dying for some time), and all world leaders are now fully aware that the world has become once again an anarchic place, where the strongest does whatever it wants.

This idea is the reason why so many countries want to have nukes, in order to avoid an eventual invasion from the hegemon.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

NYE... why do you persist in arguing about this and other political issues, when you are continually shown to be wrong and/or completely inept? Your posts are just expressions of prejudice. It's almost feral.

Is this some weird attempt at trolling? I mean, posting something that no reasonable person could agree with as if you sincerely believed it?

Are you one of Horsie's DLs?
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

I'll just chime in with my usual spiel about the idiocy of the 'WMD' category. Nukes = awful. Chems and germs = almost as bad as regular weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
          But of course, Oerdin knows better, and always did.
          This is the CIA's head in Europe who's saying this not me. He got to see everything from the beginning and said it was all a load of horse pucky. The Downing St memos also made it very clear that the UK government never thought there were WMDs so you're barking up the wrong tree on that one to.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Duh. That is all.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
              "The revelation, by the CIA's former European...

need I continue?

I guess the American embassador to [insert European country] has no credibility either?

Perhaps the guy was even stationed in Brussels .
              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

When the USUK saw it wouldn't get a UN mandate, it simply ignored international law.
                So far, the case brought forward by those supporting the invasion has been that the USUK had some leverege due the the resolutions passed previously (with the 'get rid of your WMD'-resolution being the prime one).
                If however this guy is right, and it can be proven that USUK deliberately lied, then this will definitely cut away any ground the USUK stood on (no matter how loose to begin with).

I think it's getting time to start lobbying for Hans Blix getting the Nobel-peace prize .
                "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                  Duh. That is all.

-Arrian
                  150 000 Iraqis dead. Is that all ?
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                    It just proves what I've known all along: I'm smarter than any expert in any subject.

Or Notyoueither for that matter...
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

The 60 Minutes story was pretty good. The man essentially stated what has been said over and over again, that the amdinistration ignored evidence that did not back a preset policy (regime change) and trumpeted anything that justified their pre set policy. They cherry picked evidence based on their pre-set contentions. Supposedly one of the tidbits is that by the end of 2002 the Iraqi foreign minister was giving secrets to the CIA. Initially the admin. was thrilled such a high ranking Iraqi was turned. When he told the CIA there were no current WMD programs (the truth), the admin. lost interest in him.

According to this guy, the biggest problem was that intelligenece was coming form a lot of places and never filtered through one agency, which meant no single comprehensive explination of the evidence could be created, allowing the admin. to cherry pick intelliegence.
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Yes, it was the Minister of the Interior who got turned into a spy by the CIA. The administration got pissed off when they didn't hear the anwsers they wanted to hear so they then sent 30 Iraqi Americans who were related to people formerly involved in the 1980's WMD program into Iraq. The funny part was all 30 told the same story; that their relatives who used to be part of Iraq's WMD program in the 1980's all said the WMD program was discontinued after the spanking Iraq recieved in 1991-1992.

The Administration then promptly ignored these 30 spies as well since it didn't support their hard on for invasion.

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

NYE: FYI, the "no fly zones" were illegal as well. IOW, they were against international laws.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              http://www.widro.com/throwpaper.html
                              Can you explain why there is such strong wind inside an office building?

Comment

Bull****. The United Nations mandated it, not the USA.
                                If it wasn't for the U.N. Hessein would have been taken easily, and all this avoided.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X