X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by notyoueither

Wow.

Gold star for profound ignorance.
    Exactly, most Americans were and still are ignorant of such things. Now we're starting to see eye to eye.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

That's got to be the final answer.
      And some say these forums won't solve anything.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

*beeelcccchhhh*
        brilliance
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi

Exactly, most Americans were and still are ignorant of such things. Now we're starting to see eye to eye.
          Can you now explain European intelligence that thought Saddam had weapons?

You can get beyond your self loathing of all things American, I'm sure of it.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Sure, sharing tea with the British.

You can get beyond your self loathing of all things American, I'm sure of it.
            I love America. It has many good qualities. But I'm not blind to its faults either.
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

From what little we know (it's not like secret services are so open), European intelligence was unsure on the matter of Saddam's wommdies.

I don't remember having heard any European country claim to have conclusive proof that Saddam had a threatening WMD programme. Conjectures and uncertainty were the thing, and the Blix inspections have shed some light in it.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

brilliance
                Thanks.

Can you explain how responding to a breech of a cease fire makes combat illegal by international law?

I didn't think so, otherwise you would have done it already.

In the immortal words of ted,

Thanks.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

From what little we know (it's not like secret services are so open), European intelligence was unsure on the matter of Saddam's wommdies.

I don't remember having heard any European country claim to have conclusive proof that Saddam had a threatening WMD programme. Conjectures and uncertainty were the thing, and the Blix inspections have shed some light in it.
                  You obviously haven't paid much attention to the BBC for the last 3 years.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                    I love America. It has many good qualities. But I'm not blind to its faults either.
                    Best to leave Darfur alone then.

There may not be a genocide going on there.

You wouldn't want to be mistaken after the fact
                    THAT IS SLAPPING YOU IN THE FACE.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

You wouldn't want to be mistaken after the fact
                      THAT IS SLAPPING YOU IN THE FACE.
                      I don't understand. Is that one or two sentences? And how do they relate to me?
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

You obviously haven't paid much attention to the BBC for the last 3 years.
                        We were talking about Europe here.

Comment

Can you explain how responding to a breech of a cease fire makes combat illegal by international law?
                          The breach of the cease-fire was never invoked as the reason to go to war. It was the breach of the UN resolution that was invoked as the reason.

And even though Iraq breached a UN resolution, the UN never decided on what should be done about it. The USUK took it upon themselves to exert vigilante justice, without any legal basis.

Comment

What we do know, and Bush and Blair did at the time.

Saddam claimed to have gotten rid of the weapoins, but could not account for them. Even a Brit pacifist who was paid to know didn't believe him.

Saddam was shipping oil through Syria without regard to UN sanctions, and through UN sanctions was raising billions.

Chemical weapons are very cheap and easy to produce. Biological slightly harder. Nuclear...

How do you know what is going on?

Answer? Nobody but Saddam really did. Even he didn't really as he had people on nuclear weapons telling him lies!

This was a safe regime to leave in place to torture and main countless thousands Iraqis, let alone what nonsense would have got loose had he ever gotten close to his holy grail?

Give your heads some large shakes.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

We were talking about Europe here.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

The breach of the cease-fire was never invoked as the reason to go to war. It was the breach of the UN resolution that was invoked as the reason.

And even though Iraq breached a UN resolution, the UN never decided on what should be done about it. The USUK took it upon themselves to exert vigilante justice, without any legal basis.
                                And if ever seriously challenged the USUK will claim breech of ceasefire.

Public arguments and legal arguments seldom meet.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X