Brothel forced to remove Saudi, Iranian flags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brothel forced to remove Saudi, Iranian flags

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060424/...ermany_brothel;_ylt=AptGibcnaQ26aIfs7ZDZlxas0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3NW 1oMDRpBHNlYwM3NTc-

BERLIN (Reuters) - A brothel in Cologne was forced to black out the flags of Saudi Arabia and Iran from a huge World Cup soccer-themed advertising banner after angry Muslims complained and threatened violence.

The 24-metre-high by 8-metre-wide (78 by 26 ft) banner displayed on the side of the building features a scantily-clad woman and the slogan: "The world as a guest of female friends," a variation on the World Cup slogan: "The world as a guest of friends".

The flags of the 32 nations taking part in the month-long soccer tournament which kicks off in June are shown below.

Those of Saudi Arabia and Iran have been covered with black paint, according to a worker at the brothel who would only give his name as Peter.

"Some people turned up and demanded that we remove the flags," Peter told Reuters. "First they were sensible but then they became threatening. The management here decided to do it so that we didn't get any more trouble."

"They didn't want these two flags to be associated with this go-go girl on the banner as it's a brothel and it offended their religious feelings," said a spokeswoman for the Cologne police.

"The owner removed the flags even though he wasn't legally obliged to as no crime had been committed."

I guess the violent mob DOES get the grease.
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

yep, this is what I'm talkin' about. Europeans appeasing the muslims.

Comment

I'd piss them off even more by posting a picture of 2 german prostitutes giving Muhammed a blowjob.

Though this might explain why I'm not a successful business owner.

Comment

So screw it. Take them down, big deal. Who needs them?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The Arabs are the biggest hypocrats on Earth. They're the first ones in a bar or a whore house but all they care about is appreances and that no one actually mention that they're the biggest patrons of the place.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Do their babies smoke cigarettes?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
              I'd piss them off even more by posting a picture of 2 german prostitutes giving Muhammed a blowjob.
              Shouldn't that be the other way around to be offensive? Christ man, they get 70 virgins in heaven, what's two here on Earth?
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                The Arabs are the biggest hypocrats on Earth. They're the first ones in a bar or a whore house but all they care about is appreances and that no one actually mention that they're the biggest patrons of the place.
                "Arab" is an ethnicity, not a religion; not all Arabs are Muslim and not all Muslims are Arab.

Comment

Arabs are an ethnic group just like Germans or anyone else. Who the **** ever claimed all muslims were Arabs? Nice strawman.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    Arabs are an ethnic group just like Germans or anyone else. Who the **** ever claimed all muslims were Arabs? Nice strawman.
                    Wow, you're snippy tonight. Who's accussing you of anything?

Comment

Link doesn't work.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Muslims annoy me, throw rocks at them.
                        He's got the Midas touch.
                        But he touched it too much!
                        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Better yet, pork chops.

Comment

iranians are persian not arab.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Careful, Oerdin might bite your head off too.

Comment

Working...
                              X