No announcement yet.

I'm on call.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't need it: i ain't servicing you.
    What?

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu
      You don't need it: i ain't servicing you.
      That's what she said.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Great minds...
        What?

Comment

Most people here have pagers...

I don't hav e a pager (I could probably look into getting one), so I stay here at the lab during the 8 hours I am on call (in addition to my other work).

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I don't know anyone who even know anyone with a pager
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I've never even seen a pager.
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Bunch of commies! Unwilling to let their jobs overtake their lives! Pinkos!
                What?

Comment

The communist way is to switch off your mobile phone and to pretend the battery is empty.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
                    The communist way is to switch off your mobile phone and to pretend the battery is empty.
                    The communist way is to sell the battery and components of your cell phone for food. And still pretend to be getting calls.
                    What?

Comment

If the security alarm in the vault at my office goes off in the middle of the night then whoever lives closest to the base (i.e., me) gets called in to open the vault for the security folks. Fortunately, the most sensitive thing we have in the vault is an old box of Fortran 77 user manuals, so, go figure, nobody has ever tried to break in.
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I'm on call 1 week in 3. This is my week. Fortunately only 1 person can call me in, if anyone pages me besides the nursing supervisor I ignore it or call them and ***** them out for not going through channels.

I also carry a cellphone, but it won't wake me(re: Mrs. Tubes) up when it goes off.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I've avoided pagers quite well.
                          I only turn my cell phone on a few hours every year.

But I've been on many call list since I've managed data centers and call centers.

My favorite was getting a call from a regional data center telling me i was the the call list manager that week. I hadn't worked for the company for over 6 months. They explained the problem, and fortunately I was able to resolve it for them. They laughed and said the call person usually can't help them and just refers them to someone that can.

They sent me a real nice thank you letter and verified that I had been removed from the call list.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

@ rah

Next time i have a problem i'll PM you!
                            What?

Comment

Tubes doesnt realize that he himself wakes me up when he is called out. He makes it a poit to wake me to tell me he has to go to work, as do i wheni am on call. I do not carry a beeper, i used to but i felt a cell phone was suficient. Only difference between our call in is that i am usually gone for 6 to 8 hours or longer to where he is gone from as little as 5 to 10 minutes.
                              Even as nurses, with this hospital, we only get 2 an hour to carry the beeper, but we do get time and a half when we are called in. For my call it is one day a week for 16 hours and one weekend a month. And i hate it
                              * Note to self take next assignment with no call*
                              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

I can't think of any person I know who is on-call.
                                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X