The cruelty of parents: the worst names ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The cruelty of parents: the worst names ever

What are some of the worst names you've ever heard?

I've mentioned a few times on here that a friend of mine has an uncle named Dick Seamon. Who, honest to God, lives in a town called Climax, Michigan.

I knew a guy in college named Peter Handler. He ran a successful campaign for student government by putting fliers above all the urinals on campus that read, "Get a grip on your student government: vote Peter Handler." Lemons, lemonade, etc etc.

I recently saw a child in the emergency room named, I **** you not, Aryan Buzzard. Now, I might be proven wrong many years from now, but when you name a kid Aryan Buzzard, you've pretty much guaranteed that he won't grow up to be a civil rights lawyer.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Ben Dover used to be a student at my old school...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Couple with the last name Torris named their Daughter Klit.
      One thing you gotta ask yourself... where are you now? -- James Blunt lyrics

Comment

There was a guy in college named Richard Thickens (the third, IIRC). But I think that's an awesome name. Call me childish if you will!

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Re: The cruelty of parents: the worst names ever

Originally posted by Guynemer

I recently saw a child in the emergency room named, I **** you not, Aryan Buzzard.

Poor kid! His parents should pay for that crime......
          Blah

Comment

Felicia Ulrika Caroline Karlsson

(Okay, I made that one up.)
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I met a Stone Wall once.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Harry Guy
                Monkey!!!

Comment

I was hoping Tom and Katie would name their new daughter, Carnival.

Comment

I like what Leno said; only in Hollywood can a Catholic girl and a Scientoligist nutjob have a kid and giver her a jewish name.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

"Mike Hunt" is fairly common (pronounce it quickly).
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

That's not funny... I say "Mike Hunt" real fast and it comes out "Funko"? WTF?
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

You can't top the names some celebrities give their children. Here's some of my favorites:

Jermaine Jackson (who actually has eight kids) - Jermajesty

David Bowie - Zowie

Frank Zappa - Moon Unit

George Foreman (who has 10, yes, 10 kids) - five sons, all named George Edward Foreman and a daughter named Georgette
                          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Michael Jackson - Blanket?

who was it who named their kid Apple?

What about Sophie? Come on! is that like a pet name for a couch?!
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Where are you getting the F from, Japh? It generally comes out "my [crude term for female genitals, might be censored]."
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                              X