Apparently, Windows Vista sucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agathon
    Yes, it would almost seem as if he had legitimate complaints.

They better fix the authentication system, otherwise there will be a full-scale revolt.
    I guess you missed the part where the whole UAP got revamped in the build leaked last week.

I can assure you things like that take far longer than 2 days from the release of his article to when they were addressed...

Again, polish comes last after functionality. Just last month's Vista was "feature complete" meaning now focus is on usability and polish.

What bothers me is that the XBox is far easier to set up than Windows. There are only a couple of daft problems with it, but in the main it is pretty usable. The Live thing works right out of the box too, which is a relief.
    Consoles and PCs are very different beasts.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Yeah, it really is a coincidence that obvious issues are being addressed. Where would we be without the inside of Paul.
      Well no it's a question of suspicious timing. The issues raised seem to me to be very basic stuff that would have been settled in the very early builds. It all begs the question, would these issues have been resolved at this time were it not for the article?
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

• so is paul your new boyfriend asher? considering his insides which you seem to be familiar with.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Whaleboy
          Well no it's a question of suspicious timing. The issues raised seem to me to be very basic stuff that would have been settled in the very early builds. It all begs the question, would these issues have been resolved at this time were it not for the article?
          I don't think you understand much of what this is about...

The new builds offer significant changes to the User Account Protection ,stuff that was probably months in the works. It surfaced a couple days after Paul's review, as luck would have it.

Paul reviewed the "feature complete" version of Vista. Why do you think there's 9 months between that version and the release? The reason for that is polish and usability testing...

So I don't see why it is at all surprising that rather obvious deficiencies are being fixed now that developers are focusing on polish rather than making their feature-complete milestone.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Whaleboy

What, do you think they read the article and then fixed it all in 1-2 days?! How quickly do you think coding this stuff happens?!
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Boy, Paul wrote the following last night:

Vista is fugly. There, I said it. Too bad it doesn't look more like OS X.
              Behold! This a screen from build 5370 of Vista! It just came out today. They sure work fast!
              Attached Files
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144

i dont know whether this makes him a hypocrite or not such a sack of **** fanboy
                I don't know whether this makes both of you illiterate or just plain daft.

I don't like Windows. Other MS products I have an open mind about. How many times have I said I am a happy Office for Mac user? I used their mice for years. although I am a Logitech convert now.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

I am a happy Office for Mac user
                  ZOMFG he's a HYPOCRITE!
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• I hate Office...

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• I should say, I dislike Word.. Excel is the best I have come accross...

Jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I don't know whether this makes both of you illiterate or just plain daft.

I don't like Windows. Other MS products I have an open mind about. How many times have I said I am a happy Office for Mac user? I used their mice for years. although I am a Logitech convert now.
                        it would make me neither since it would make me ignorant of the personal vendettas you hold against specific products of specific companies. I can live with that ignorance though.
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144

it would make me neither since it would make me ignorant of the personal vendettas you hold against specific products of specific companies. I can live with that ignorance though.
                          OK. Adding this to your previous post, it's apparently both.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

• whatever makes you feel like youve bested me online aggie.

Comment

Working...
                            X