No announcement yet.

Apparently, Windows Vista sucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, how can they have time for that when they are busy writing "fascinating software engineering papers".
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• UI polish comes last after internal functionality in software design.
      Then why are they resolving these issues in the next build?
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

• Guess that their QA person threatened to commit harakiri if they didn't.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• What are task panes?
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
            That's why he's clueless in the article.
            I'd be more careful if I were you.
            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• Originally posted by Whaleboy
              Then why are they resolving these issues in the next build?
              Because software engineering isn't ad hoc, you have plans and milestones and you address them when their turn comes up, not when you feel like it...

A lot of these issues are being resolved in the latest leaked builds, the User Account Protection Paul whined about was completely revamped, for example.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Been spending some time reading the IE7 blog. If the rest of the Vista team is handling things the same way, I'm looking forward to being impressed by Vista when it comes out.

I could work on a Mac, but why would I want all the hassle and none of the fun.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Because software engineering isn't ad hoc, you have plans and milestones and you address them when their turn comes up, not when you feel like it...
                  Where's WinFS?

Quite a coincidence that these issues are being addressed pretty much as soon as this guy posts the article.
                  "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                  "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

• There is 6-7 months before the software will be released so I imagine a lot of stuff will get redone or polished before the release day.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Where's WinFS?

Quite a coincidence that these issues are being addressed pretty much as soon as this guy posts the article.
                      Yes, it would almost seem as if he had legitimate complaints.

They better fix the authentication system, otherwise there will be a full-scale revolt.

In other news, despite the fact that I hate Windows, I am a loyal user of MS Office for Mac, which has been a consistently good product over the last ten years, and I purchased one of Microsoft's new XBox machines for personal amusement (when I found out it was compatible with Winning Eleven 9 actually). It's pretty good, but if the PS3 turns out to much better, I will sell it next year.

What bothers me is that the XBox is far easier to set up than Windows. There are only a couple of daft problems with it, but in the main it is pretty usable. The Live thing works right out of the box too, which is a relief.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Maniac
                          What are task panes?
                          The transparent pane on the right, which contains gadgets like clocks...
                          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

• Aggie bought a 360!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                              Aggie bought a 360!
                              i dont know whether this makes him a hypocrite or not such a sack of **** fanboy
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Where's WinFS?
                                It's in beta testing.

Yeah, it really is a coincidence that obvious issues are being addressed. Where would we be without the inside of Paul.
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X