No announcement yet.

Apparently, Windows Vista sucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fools rush in; I'll wait maybe 1 or 2 years after release. By then Vista should be a great system, just as XP is now.

No, I STILL don't like Apple's OS's after all these years. Even die-hard Mac fans from the early 80's are switching from Mac to PC.

Microsoft will keep Windows at the forefront of OS's no doubt, and are not afraid to adapt and make changes where necessary, as for Apple, I think they have an 'image' to uphold, which confines them to a corner of smugness.

Above Apple's HQ's and every Apple fan's house, is a thick dark cloud of smug. (Sometimes you just gotta love Southpark).
    be free

Comment

No, I STILL don't like Apple's OS's after all these years. Even die-hard Mac fans from the early 80's are switching from Mac to PC.

Good one.

Only retards use Windows.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

Good one.

Only retards use Windows.
        HA HA FUNNY FUNNY! MAC USERS, PC USERS! FUNNY FUNNY!
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
          Software engineering and Microsoft are mutually exclusive.
          What would you know, IT monkey?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Playful: That article is from the LinuxWorld editor and is so full of technical errors that it discredits him and his magazine more than makes a point.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

asher is like that guy in texas that sniped people from a bell tower.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I have no reason to buy Vista, from everything I've heard and seen of it.

I'll stick with XP for a decade for all i care. It is pleasant to use.
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I hope Vista isn't another Windows Mellenium Edition or other such half step which no one bothered with. How long is Vista supposed to be around? Will it be a long ahul OS like XP or Win95 or will it be a place holder like WinME?
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Good OSes

Win2000 (I used this for a long time..)
                    Win98 (likewise)
                    Win95 (was an important step)
                    WinXP Pro (I started using about a year ago, is decent)

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                      I hope Vista isn't another Windows Mellenium Edition or other such half step which no one bothered with. How long is Vista supposed to be around? Will it be a long ahul OS like XP or Win95 or will it be a place holder like WinME?
                      Assuming it ever comes out?

Microsoft first talked about "Longhorn" in the July 2001, even before Windows XP's release in October of that year. It was originally expected to ship sometime late in 2003 as a minor step between Windows XP and "Blackcomb" (now known as Windows "Vienna").[2] Gradually, "Longhorn" assimilated many important new features and technologies of "Blackcomb", and so the date of release was pushed back a few times. Faced with ongoing delays and concerns about feature creep, Microsoft announced on August 27, 2004 that it was making significant changes. "Longhorn" development basically started afresh, building on the Windows Server 2003 codebase, and re-incorporating only the features that would be intended for an actual operating system release. Some previously-announced features, such as WinFS, were dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                        The way they are copying Widgets is truly insidious. I cannot believe they are copying the widget.
                        BULL-****ING-****.

Widgets were around before OS X. Indeed, they've been around in several forms, such as Karamba/Superkaramba, Samurize, and Konfabulator.

If anything, Apple is the one who stole them--not only did it steal them, but it engaged in anti-competitive behavior by deftly undercutting a third-party product with feature creep.

When Microsoft does this, it's bad. When Apple does this, it's "innovation".
                        B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                          Playful: That article is from the LinuxWorld editor and is so full of technical errors that it discredits him and his magazine more than makes a point.
                          Guess you own a version on your own computer and have run it so you know what he is saying is either true or not true.

One thing you gotta ask yourself... where are you now? -- James Blunt lyrics

Comment

No, I just know what I'm talking about. This guy doesn't know. I'm guessing he has a journalism degree.

Comment

If you read the article, you would see he owns it himself and is running it so he has first hand knowledge where you only have your own inflated ego.
                              One thing you gotta ask yourself... where are you now? -- James Blunt lyrics

Comment

Why the hell would you assume I, of all people, have not toyed with Vista?

Comment

Working...
                                X