No announcement yet.

Apparently, Windows Vista sucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When 90%+ of the computing world buys Windows, it seems incredibly silly to say Liberal Arts users buy Macs. Many more buy Windows.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      Liberal Art users are the morons who buy Macs.

Oh, the purty colorsssth!
      Strange the whole time I was at my liberal arts uni, I falied to see one Mac. lol

Comment

Re: Apparently, Windows Vista sucks.

Originally posted by Agathon
        I was surprised to read this article from Paul Thurrott. He's one of the biggest MS fans on the net

This is surprising from such an MS booster as Thurrott. It looks like Vista might suck even worse than XP does.

In this thread, dated almost exactly a year ago, you can see Agathon quoting more Thurrott calling Vista a "trainwreck".

Naturally, Thurrott is one of the "biggest MS fans" and it shocked Agathon to read the same emotional trolling again a second time.

He later retracted his "trainwreck" comments, and I'll expect he'll retract or modify these comments later. He's a bit of a cook.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          When 90%+ of the computing world buys Windows, it seems incredibly silly to say Liberal Arts users buy Macs. Many more buy Windows.
          Most LA majors can't afford computers because McJobs aren't enough.
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Most of them get clerical-type jobs (word up, GePap) and end up having to use Windows anyway.

You should see the liberal arts areas on campus. I still see those fugly clamshell ibooks there.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Hey, just because Canadians are a bunch of fools, doesn't mean you'll see that on American campuses!

In undergrad, I believe one person in two floors of my dorm (I didn't know about the other floors) had a Mac. In law school, it was 95% Windows (most of those being Dells).
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

This is also a typical Liberal Arts kind of mistake.

"Liberal Arts users are the ones that buy Macs" doesn't mean all Liberal Arts people buy Macs.

Comment

The smarter people move on to Law school, hence the PCs.

Comment

Asher you are generalizing groups of people, that is the first step towards hatred! tsk tsk!!

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse

Most LA majors can't afford computers because McJobs aren't enough.
                      I own two Macintosh computers.

Anyway, I should dig up Asher's praise OS X thread. That's always good for a laugh.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

This is also a typical Liberal Arts kind of mistake.

"Liberal Arts users are the ones that buy Macs" doesn't mean all Liberal Arts people buy Macs.
                        It implies a significant amount of them do. Otherwise it is simply a troll. Why else would you say X are the ones that buy Y, when only 10% of group X actually buy Y (ie, there is another factor at play, not simply group X).

Besides, I'd say graphic designers make up a significant portion of Mac sales, which renders even the troll moot.

Comment

It implies a significant amount of them do.
                          It implies a significant amount of Mac Users are Liberal Arts majors.

Otherwise it is simply a troll.
                          No way, I would never do that.

Comment

It implies a significant amount of Mac Users are Liberal Arts majors.

No way, I would never do that.
                            Mac users are wealthier, more successful

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf

Mac users are wealthier, more successful
                              And I'm the new Pope.

Comment

shelling out $100 a year for major OS upgrades makes you squirm , because you are cheap

Comment

Working...
                                X