Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
    these discussions are always epic.
    What discussion? A discussion implies people that listen to each other.

I have Glonkie on ignore and I read about one out of every ten things he posts, and that is being generous.

There's really nothing to talk about. A fairly well-known net columnist and Microsoft fanboi thinks Vista sucks after having used it. Perhaps he's in the minority, but who knows, or even cares.

Apparently, Asher does, because he's wasted his time responding to someone who doesn't even read the crap he posts.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Your claim would be a lot more credible if you didn't reply to his posts.

Face it, you troll each other, and you bite pretty much every time.

I will admit you ignore him better than he ignores you, though. Just barely.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
        Your claim would be a lot more credible if you didn't always reply to his posts.
        How many have I read and replied to in this thread? I think I might have read one or two. Just because I post something after Asher does, does not mean I read his drivel. Most of the time I don't.

If it seems to make some sequential sense, then that is solely due to Glonk's predictability and lack of self control, or to blind luck. Choose which you will.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

I went through a cursory examination after a minute and DanSed you. A lot of your replies to him are after someone has quoted him. I believe your claim that you have him on ignore. I don't believe your claim that you ignore him.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

I went through a cursory examination after a minute and DanSed you. A lot of your replies to him are after someone has quoted him. I believe your claim that you have him on ignore. I don't believe your claim that you ignore him.
            That's the cool thing about belief: it is distinct from knowledge. You'd be surprised at how easy it is to post relevant material after someone you have on ignore. I have quite a few people on ignore (less at the moment for some reason).

If you want to check the thread index, I think this is the first computer related thread I've posted in months (I rarely post such threads). Most of the time I don't bother, although Thurrott dissing Microsoft is rather priceless, if you've been a follower of his career.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...09#post4388509

Comment

Someone else asked a question. It's hard to scroll down a thread and miss a picture of yourself.

Surely you can do better than that, don't you go to some kind of school for the gifted?
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

I don't know why he even claims he has him on ignore. It seems patently untrue.

Though he probably should since Asher wipes the floor with him on technical debates.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Isn't it recess time yet?

One thing you gotta ask yourself... where are you now? -- James Blunt lyrics

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon

And in the original 128K Macintosh, where they were called "Desk Accessories". Apple invented them.
                      Yes, drink the Kool-Aid.

Desk Accessories are related, but you cannot consider them the same thing as Dashbord/Konfabulator widgets.

Yes, a Yugo and a Hummer are related, but you can't say that the Hummer was derived from the Yugo.
                      B♭3

Comment

• Here's a shocker!

It turns out a lot of the complaints Thurrott had are resolved in the latest interim build already: http://www.windowsitpro.com/windowsp...ott_50051.html

I don't know if he's just stupid, or if he just likes the pageviews from the /. and Aggie-like crowd. In any case, it shouldn't surprise anyone that a ton can and will change between now and its RTM date in November.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Q Cubed

Yes, drink the Kool-Aid.

Desk Accessories are related, but you cannot consider them the same thing as Dashbord/Konfabulator widgets..
                          You can't.

Nice BAM.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

• By Microsoft resolving the issues raised in the quoted article, by implication this means that they were valid concerns and that if, 7/8 months away from the finished article, these basic design ****-ups are coming up, that leaves me to fear there is something very wrong at Microsofts R&D.

Still, I think Vista is likely to be the best (i.e., most stable, secure and fast) version of Windows, once all the useless crap has been disabled that they seem to be spending much of their time fusticating over.
                            "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                            "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

• UI polish comes last after internal functionality in software design.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                                UI polish comes last after internal functionality in software design.
                                Unfortunately, MS never seems to have time for either.

Comment

Working...
                                X