Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devils complete the sweep of the Rangers. What was that gem of wisdom that Asher shared with us about Gionta and Elias?
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Brundlefly as well... if the Devils didn't match up well with the Rangers... well, the rest of the NHL better be afraid .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Can't believe the Oil held it together... Wow. This series has been quite impressive.

Another excellent show from Pronger. Pisani, as well, has had a helluva series.

And Rollie? Well, I didn't think he had it in him, I really didn't. But I'm glad to have been proven wrong!

It's gonna be an insane atmosphere for Game 6!
        "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
        "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
        "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

• Ottawa finishes off the Lightning. The Sens are looking very good.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Rollie has been better than I expected also. Some seem to think that the Wings will fold in game 6 but Edmonton and our local radio commentators say to expect a battle.

Calgary had a completely workmanlike victory-- very efficient.

Note with Colorado beating Dallas, Edmonton and Calgary would meet in round 2 if they both advance.

Montreal has had some tough going against carolina. With Ward providin inspired goaltending, I don't like the Habs chances in Game 5. Their biggest lost opportunity was game 3. The habs dominated the early going and I had a sinking feeling when thety could only achieve a 1-0 lead. A bounce or a break and Montreal would have been leading the series 3-0 and a very different series. But thats hockey . .

GO HABS in the third
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Go Whalers
              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Tonight's the big night. The tension builds!
                  "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                  "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                  "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

• Oh, my ****ING God!
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• GOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL Fernando!

GOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL Fernando!

GOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL Ales!

GOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL Ales!
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

• Legace's expression was heartbreaking.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                          Legace's expression was heartbreaking.
                          not HIS fault but it was quite a team collapse to give up 4 goals in the 3rd
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Grrr!! Wings were doing well, then gave up a 2-goal lead in the 3rd. Whatever the Oilers took in the intermission, bottle that & sell it!

Props to the Oilers, though - they outworked the Wings. Few of the Wings stars produced as needed. It didn't help that Datsyuk missed time due to injury (and then had to get his legs back), and Yzerman, who was one of the best forwards early, got hurt, too.

He gave it a go this game, and in the 2nd, on only his second faceoff all game, he won the draw, did a give and go with Lang, and got the assist on the first goal. The Wings really missed him those games he was out - he was back tonight, and they played a lot better. Too bad there couldn't be a better ending in what might have been his last game. (Though even had the Wings won this game, or this series, I don't feel they looked like they were going to have a long playoff run.)

All hail the Captain! What a career he's had.
                            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Destroyed one of my playoff pools - but way to go boys!

Comment

• The Ducks just got robbed.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X