Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah but you can't have that in NHL.....

I wonder why they can't.. is there a good reason for it?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pekka
      yeah but you can't have that in NHL.....

I wonder why they can't.. is there a good reason for it?
      You can have them-- players sometimes wear full face protection after sustaining a facial fracture of some sort.

But I think there is a strong feeling of peer pressure to NOT wear them. Many players say their peripheral vision is much worse. Second there is the tough guy thing-- Hockey players are all supposed to be tough and to be one of the first or few to wear a full face shield means you are a wimp
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• I think it's coming. This wimp stuff is on it's way out hopefully, and alot of players will be scared into it by injurries such as this one.
        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• You can't fight properly with a full face shield on.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
            You can't fight properly with a full face shield on.
            If they REALLY want to fight, they can take off their helmets before a fight.

That's what Domi said he'd do if he wore a visor.
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• The refs should get it over with and put red and white on.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Oh, bull****! They called a penalty when Staios took a dive. (Oscar! Oscar!) Then called Kronwall for a pretty weak hook, gave Oilers 5-on-3. Then called Chelios for roughing (OK, he got his stick up) - yet another 5-on-3.
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• I'd love to weigh in on this one, but I'm stuck with the Calgary game again.
                  ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• yeah you can wear full protection if injured, however, at least in here and I thinkin NHL too, if you have no face injuries or healing from one, you can't wear this stuff.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                      Oh, bull****! They called a penalty when Staios took a dive. (Oscar! Oscar!) Then called Kronwall for a pretty weak hook, gave Oilers 5-on-3. Then called Chelios for roughing (OK, he got his stick up) - yet another 5-on-3.
                      Bull**** is a 5 on 3 when a dman touches a man on the ice.

It is not when Chelios highsticks someone on his feet.

And there was plenty of bull **** to go around.

I actually stopped caring before Edmonton's 2nd goal.

Oh, we got a power play! I wonder what skate lace someone tripped over.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Oh give it up already.

What are the Oilers fans chanting after they say Let's Go Oilers?
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Give up what? That the officiating is ruining games in the playoffs?

The Wings got called on bull **** too, during the even up phase.

That's why I stopped caring. It's bull**** deciding these games, not the players.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
                            What are the Oilers fans chanting after they say Let's Go Oilers?
                            Let's go Oilers, let's go.

And then they yell BULL**** at 109 decibles when the refs are ruining a playoff game.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

• 'Not caring' is the wrong term...

Divesting?

Taking a step back and realising that the teams aren't going to decide it even up? It's going to be decided by some quirk of the universe, so you might as well relax and watch, sort of like a train wreck.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

• And the broadcasters have their noses so far up the leagues ass they don't dare call a spade a spade, but every once in a while they slip, like when they are aghast at the pik play on Stoll for Detroit's 3rd goal.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X