X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give it up, indeed!

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Yowza. Couldn't watch the game due to work again, but it sounds like it an iffy affair.

Still, I'll take 2-2 going back to Detroit against a Wings team of this calibre. Going in to the series, if someone had told me that the Oil would be tied after 4, I'd take it at the drop of a hat.

I look forward to game 5.
      "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
      "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
      "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

• No, not that chant, NYE.

It's Let's Go Oilers, then three indistinct syllables are shouted; the tone sounds insulting, like "Red Wings Suck!" would fit in nicely, but that's not what they are saying.

It wasn't a pick. Both players were moving, and both had every right to that part of the ice. What should have been called was a trip--Lidstrom's skate caught the Oiler's skate, and he went down. I honestly couldn't tell if it was intentional or not, but it should have been a penalty irrespective of intent.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• It was a ****ing pick if ever there was one.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• It's 'let's go Oilers, let's go!'

or 'here we go Oilers, here we go!'
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

• I suppose the crowd could get spontaneous and say 'let's go Oilers, here we go'
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

• The insults were... 'Manny, Manny'

Made me ashamed.

And stood more than an even chance of motivating Legace.

Dumb ****s.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                  It was a ****ing pick if ever there was one.

Oh, please. Lidstrom was skating backwards, wasn't trying to hit the guy, who had his arm stuck out and spun around after Lidstrom contacted it, and then he went down. How does a guy go down after being bumped in the arm, I ask you? I mean, Lidstrom isn't that big a guy. It was a dive, and refs made no call.

I was watching the Fox Sports Detroit broadcast, and Mickey Redmond was saying that the consensus around the press box was that it was a poorly officiated game, whichever side you're on. And I do agree with that.

I couldn't believe Legace almost gave up a goal on his own turnover. He was on one side of the net, and went to shoot it off the boards behind it. He hardly got anything on it, and an Oiler zipped in and scooped up the puck and went for the wraparound. Legace dove across and made the save.
                  Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                  Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                  One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• No, Lidstrom tripped him. I'm pretty sure it wasn't intentional, as Lidstrom was leaning away from him as they skated by one another, trying not to contact him. But his skate ended up tripping the Oiler's skate.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Flames lose

Well everyone seemed to think this would be a long tough series

Interesting to see that now Ottawa, NJ , San Jose and Colorado are on the cusp.

The biggest surprise for me has to be Colorado, not vecause they are bad or anything but because I thought Dallas would be strong
                      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Well everyone seemed to think this would be a long tough series

'cept Asher.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Very bizarre finish for the Habs this game.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

• That just sucked.

Least entertaining Habs playoff game I've ever attended.
                            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Col-Dallas is wild!
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

• The Oilers were very lucky to weather the storm in the first and start of the second to go up 3-0.

Much better officiating, but...

Can the Wings come back 2 straight? If anybody can it would be them. The Oilers better come up with better discipline.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X