No announcement yet.

Successful thread criterion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The MLB thread has over 20% posts to views...
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
      Other than that, some references to hockey, physics, math and Canadian politics are definite bonuses.

Pictures of cute kitties is a bonus for me.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Keys to a Successful Thread

1. Must have pictures of Monica Belluci
        2. Must have a post in it by Ted Striker informing everyone that he would "Hit it"
        3. Must have Sloww calling someone a "jackass" in it, or random lyrics
        4. Must have a picture of Sophie or other young polytubby
        5. Must have a post in it by Ted Striker informing everyone the he would... nm
        6. Must not contain the word "nazi"
        7. Must have atleast 2 warnings by Ming, 1 troll by Urban Ranger, and 1 post by Joncha with either the word "yarr" or "woo" in it
        8. Mr. g cannot have posted in it
        9. Mention of Chuck Norris automatically escalates thread to Awesomeness... unless, of course, it contains the word "nazi"
        10. If facts are presented as a basis for any argument, the following post must contain the smiley
        11. The thread cannot be started by Pekka
        12. If it's a religious discussion, and Ben Kenobi hasn't posted, your troll was a failure
        13. I can't think of anything for this spot
        14. Must have at least one successful troll, threadkill, flame, and threadjack
        15. If Zylka posts in it, your thread sucks
        16. If Mexican is mentioned, MtG must appear

I'm sure there's more
        Monkey!!!

Comment

now that's funny
          "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Re: Successful thread criterion.

Originally posted by Kaak
            What does it take for a thread to be truly successful? Do you think there is a minimum number of posts? What about post/view ratio?

It seems successful threads have roughly 12% or more posts in relation to views. I think as that goes up, particularly in threads over 150 posts long, the thread is more successful.

thoughts?
            I think there are certain apolytoners who post in OT close to 24 hours/day. They are all friends with each other. If they like your thread, they will post in it, have arguments with each other in it (usually arguments which have nothing to do with the topic), and it will stay near the top where other less frequent posters will probably join in. But if they dont like your thread chances are good it will sink...

Comment

Spam, spam, spam , spam and when in doubt spam.
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

this thread is pretty funny.
                "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

the funniest thing is that i was being serious when i posted it

Comment

17. Pictures that you have drawn of frogs
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

yes i know you were somewhat serious

i was going to say ...its a success when lancer says something about philipino women...
                      "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

No thread can be considerd truly successful unless its locked by MarkG himself.
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

lancer says something about philipino women
                          where the hell is that old bag? He hasn't posted in ages!
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

100 + posts is a very successful thread. I remember when I got my first one. . Though I don't remember what the thread was about. oh well.

20 + posts is a successful thread I guess. Maybe 30.

But some threads don't need that many posts. It could be just to ask a simple question. Most long threads are spam anyways.

Comment

I still contend that it has as much to do with the post/view ratio as the length...

Comment

PV has nothing to do with the potential for a thread to suck
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X