Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I choose for my second major?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon, after having taking Physical Chemistry and dropped it when my mother became terminally ill, I would guess that they are using Molecular Physics, which incorporates Quantum Physics by necessity . They are multiple ways a protein can fold, but only one typically works biologically. Mad Cow occurs when a brain protein isn't folded right any more! So determining first why it folds, and then making sure it folds that way, is cutting edge biology and physics - Biophysics (?).

these are basically conformers, but you have to calculate energy levels, and energy thresholds on a multitude of ways, and also you take into consideration that there are "paths" of folding, you get some very difficult.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Kuci

Go with your interests. If you really want to pursue a career combining Comp Sci with a field like Chem, or Accting, or Bio, or whatever, than go for it. That aside, I dont see that an extra major, or a minor is really worth it. Take a wide range of things that interest you, and dont neglect the stuff outside the the hard sciences.

I share Az's skepticism on getting an MBA without experience first. PM me if you want a further discussion of that.

Oh, and congrats on being admitted to and selecting CMU. You'll never guess where POTM has recently been admitted to Or maybe you will
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• She's going to TJ? Congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          She's going to TJ? Congrats!
          We were there last night. Shes psyched.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• It's a great school, though it seems to us seniors that it's going downhill.

Comment

• Kuci, Kuci, ya, ya!

Comment

• Let's get this straight. POTM is going to be a cute young freshman at a school where Kuci is going to be a Senior. LOTM - are you NUTS! Would you trust your daughter with this fellow? Does he look like an upstanding, proper fellow?

On the other hand, Kuci actually does fit those criteria. He's even generally a centrist and might actually agree with LOTM during political discussions if they were "introduced." Definitely proper material.
                The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

• Maybe he can show her his many bathrooms
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• If LOTM becomes Kuci's father-in-law, will they both become Apolyton Legends?
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                    X