Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I choose for my second major?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I choose for my second major?

I'm attending Carnegie Mellon University, School of Computer Science this fall, and I'm trying to decide what to double major in. Let Apolyton decide

(I refuse to do Electrical Engineering or similar. The further away from the hardware, IMO, the better.)
    Physics
    10.81%
    Math
    29.73%
    Economics
    21.62%
    Biomedical Engineering and/or Biological Sciences
    13.51%
    Statistics
    8.11%
    One of the other Engineerings (Chemical, Civil, Mechanical)
    2.70%
    Filosofy/Banana
    13.51%

Whatever has the most required classes in common with your current major.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Well, I already have about three semesters of credit, and I want to actually enjoy college, not finish it in a couple years.

Comment

Econ.

Then you can argue with Kid in a more fun manner .

Well, that and I have an Econ degree and none of the other stuff on the list really interests me .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I want to actually enjoy college, not finish it in a couple years.

You enjoy college outside of class. Taking as few classes as possible will allow you to allocate more time to drinking.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

As an undergrad, I majored in Electrical Engineering and minored in Physics; that was a good combination. After graduating, I got a job as a software engineer and worked in high-tech for ~20 years. (And now I'm in grad school, doing Mathematical Economics.)

I highly recommend EE or Computer Engineering; but if you don't like hardware, a second major (or minor) in Math would probably be a good choice.
            ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
              I want to actually enjoy college, not finish it in a couple years.

You enjoy college outside of class. Taking as few classes as possible will allow you to allocate more time to drinking.
              Or bunch all your classes in the afternoon so you can drink late through the night and sleep until noon .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Or bunch all your classes in the afternoon so you can drink late through the night and sleep until noon

You writing this stuff down, Kuci?
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

The thread is bookmarked

Comment

My Choice:

Math - Econ - Philo
                    bleh

Comment

Oh, and Kuci, along with afternoon classes TRY to get all your classes as M-W, T-Th, or similar. NO FRIDAY CLASSES! Sometimes I can't be helped (like a ****ing requirement means that day), but if you can start your weekend on Thursday, college is like twice as good.

The hardest (and I never accomplished this) is to get all your classes on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Work like a dog for 3 days, but 4 day weekend, every weekend mother****er .

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        Econ.

Then you can argue with Kid in a more fun manner .

Well, that and I have an Econ degree and none of the other stuff on the list really interests me .
                        Econ is great when you become management in the company.

I recommend Econ as well.

If you're staying in academia instead, then Math.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I recommend physics. That way you stand a very good chance of becoming a world political leader.
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Do you really want that?

Comment

Peru needs you, Kuci...
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment