Computer help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer help

I have a big problem. I bought a GeForce FX5200 for my Dell Dimension E310 2.8GHZ 760MB RAM X2gen LCD monitor. I followed every instruction and I have done everything I possibly can to get this thing to work. I've even used ctrl+F11 to roll my computer back to when i first bought it. All I get is a black screen and my monitor powers down. My computer also doesn't seem to recognize that the new video card is even plugged in and I've made sure at least 20 times that the integrated video card is disabled. Any ideas?

It sounds like your motherboard is dusty and needs an electric bath. With the computer plugged in, spray the video card and CPU with a water spray bottle.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Funny. My computer is brand new btw, only 3 months old.

Comment

Why do you think I'm joking? The dust clogs up the transistors and H20 with an electric charge cleanses it well.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

My computer is brand new and it hasn't got any dust on it. Plus, I had no problem installing a video card on a 6 year old computer just 8 months ago that was caked in dust so I don't think that's the answer.

Comment

whoosh

Comment

Honestly, I know this has been said many times before, but you need a MacBook Pro, apple makes all the components except the processor and the video card and all that crap, so it will run pretty seamlessly. Best of all they are only $1999 now, with a built - in web cam, cannot be beat.

Comment

He has problems with his new computer, so he should just buy another one. Right.

Comment

Well these are serious problems he is having. ..

Comment

Honestly, I've probably spent in excess of 10 hours and multiple forums and posts to no avail. I really am out of ideas and I don't know what else to do.

Comment

If you're out of options, try my suggestion.

Comment

Sorry, but I'm not spraying water all over my brand new computer that doesn't have a speck of dust on it.

Comment

Then stop whining about being out of options.

Comment

Do you try your GeForce in another computer, to make sure it was not the card?
                            If yes, you're disabled your inboard card by switching jumpers?
                            If yes, and you're sure you move the right jumpers. Do you see anything in the beginning of the boot. Do you are able to go in the bios.

Originally posted by StarLightDeath
                            Sorry, but I'm not spraying water all over my brand new computer that doesn't have a speck of dust on it.
                            bleh

Comment

oops I just read that your monitor remain black, and you make sure your integrated board is unable.

Originally posted by cronos_qc
                              I followed every instruction and I have done everything I possibly can to get this thing to work. I've even used ctrl+F11 to roll my computer back to when i first bought it. All I get is a black screen and my monitor powers down. My computer also doesn't seem to recognize that the new video card is even plugged in and I've made sure at least 20 times that the integrated video card is disabled. Any ideas?
                              bleh

Comment

Working...
                              X