Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Mohamed will be on southpark tonight....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
    Just in case there was any confusion, that settles it. Comedy Central censored the image.
    And even if it had just been "part of the script", it would still have amounted to self-censorship. Which is of course little better than outright external censorship.

The fundamentalists have won another round.

Comment

Man, I thought they did it themselves (and no, it wouldn't be self-censorship Winston , it'd be part of a joke). That would have been brilliant if they had!

A frequent "South Park" critic, William Donohue of the anti-defamation group Catholic League, called on Parker and Stone to resign out of principle for being censored.

"The ultimate hypocrite is not Comedy Central _ that's their decision not to show the image of Muhammad or not _ it's Parker and Stone," he said. "Like little whores, they'll sit there and grab the bucks. They'll sit there and they'll whine and they'll take their shot at Jesus. That's their stock in trade."

HAHA... Bill Donahue is a tool!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        Man, I thought they did it themselves (and no, it wouldn't be self-censorship Winston , it'd be part of a joke). That would have been brilliant if they had!
        One man's transparent attempt to cover something up is another man's "joke".

I don't even know why I'm getting into a discussion of this show. It has to be the most stupid, infantile thing I ever witnessed.

Comment

I don't even know why I'm getting into a discussion of this show. It has to be the most stupid, infantile thing I ever witnessed.

Your opinion has been completely INVALIDATED!!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Irreverence towards all.
            "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
            -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
            X